- 12 min ago Skoda Dealerships In India To Increase — More Than 225 Dealerships By 2022
- 1 hr ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 2 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- News Cloudburst in Jammu and Kashmir: Amit Shah speaks to Lieutenant Governor to take stock of situation
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20I: Padikkal, Gaikwad, Rana, Sakariya debut as SL invite Dhawan to bat first
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Jawa Motorcycles launches the special edition bikes in India at Rs 1.93 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The special edition motorcycle is offered in two colours: Khakhee & Midnight Grey.
These special edition motorcycles are Rs 6,000 more than the standard Jawa 300 motorcycle. Customers can book the special edition models on the brand's website.
Jawa Special Edition Details
The company has launched the Jawa special edition motorcycle to celebrate India's victory in the 1971 war against Pakistan 50 years ago called the 'Swarnim Vijay Varsh'. as part of the Swarnim Vijay Varsh. These bikes pay homage to the armed forces bearing the war insignia on the fuel tank.
The new colour options feature a host of other upgrades, that includes:
- Matte black headlamp bezel
- Matte black suspensions forks
- Matte black engine
- Matte black dual exhaust mufflers
- Tri-colour India flag pinstriping on fuel tank
- War Insignia on fuel tank with celebratory graphics
Apart from these changes, the motorcycle remains the same mechanically. The special edition motorcycles continue to use the liquid-cooled, single-cylinder 293cc engine. It produces a maximum of 26.2bhp and a peak torque of 27.05Nm; paired to a six-speed gearbox.
The Jawa 300 a.k.a Classic is offered in two variants: single-channel ABS & dual-channel ABS. However, the special edition bike is offered with dual-channel ABS as standard.
Brief History About The War
As mentioned before, this year marks the 50th year of the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war. The war was fought against both the eastern and western fronts and lasted 13 days making it one of the shortest wars in history.
India's victory in the war led to the independence of Bangladesh, which was earlier known as East Pakistan. Over 3,000 Indian army personnel laid down their lives and over 10,000 were injured while protecting their nation.
Thoughts About The Jawa Special Edition Bikes Launched In India
Like all other wars, the 1971 war fought by India is peppered with a rich legacy and heritage, which fills us with immense proud on our armed forces. The special edition Jawa motorcycle pays homage to the war with a host of subtle touches to remind us about the sacrfice and the victory.