- 12 hrs ago Largest EV Charging Station In India Opens In Gurugram: Charge Up To 100 EVs Simultaneously
- 15 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 18 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 19 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- Technology Flipkart Electronics Sale 2022: Best Discount Deals On Mid-Range Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Jan 28 Highlights: Karan, Tejasswi & Other Finalists Get Emotional After Watching Their AVs
- Finance Union Budget 2022 Stock Buy: Cement Stock That Could Benefit From Infra Spends
- News India closely following developments in Ukraine, calls for peaceful resolution of situation
- Lifestyle Opinion: Did COVID-19 In India Take Away Safety Net Of Poor School-Going Children?
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Daniel Chima Chukwu on target as Jamshedpur down FC Goa
- Education Assam TET Re-Evaluation Result 2021 Declared, Download Lower Primary, Upper Primary TET Result Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
Mayur Shelke, who is a railway pointsman, became a hero after saving a child's life who fell on the railway track while a train was approaching. Shelke jumped in front of a speeding train to save the child and this incident was captured on CCTV. Anupam Thareja, director of Jawa Motorcycles, after seeing the footage, has awarded Shelke a Jawa forty-two.
Jawa representatives went to Mayur Shelke's home and handed over a brand-new Jawa to him. Mayur and his family were present to receive the gift from Jawa. Anupam Thareja also tweeted that the Jawa Heroes initiative recognises real heroes from all corners of India and that the company is honoured to have him ride as a part of the Jawa Community.
Earlier this year, Jawa launched the 2021 Jawa forty-two motorcycle in the Indian market with a starting price of Rs 1.84 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). It also comes with a host of new features, slight cosmetic updates and three new paint schemes. The motorcycle that was gifted to Mayur Shelke was Nebula Blue in colour.
The updated motorcycle now comes standard with bar-end mirrors, a wider and more comfortable seat for both rider and pillion, redesigned side stand, alloy wheels with tubeless tyres and more. Jawa Motorcycles will be offering a headlamp grille and fly-screen as accessories as well.
Mechanically, the updated 293cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine on the Forty-two now produces 27bhp of power at 6800rpm and 27Nm of peak torque at 5000rpm. The engine is paired to the same six-speed gearbox. Braking is now handled by discs at both ends, with dual-channel ABS offered as standard. The motorcycle is now 2kg lighter weighing in at 172 kilograms (kerb weight), further improving handling and performance.
Thoughts About Jawa Gifting The Forty-Two To Mayur Shelke For His Bravery
Jawa has done a very kind thing by gifting a motorcycle to Mayur Shelke for his bravery. However, this is a very small token of appreciation that has been done for what the man did, put his life on the line to save another.