- 9 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 14 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- Technology Amazon Gaming Gadgets Sale: Discount Offer On Gaming Devices
- Sports Euro 2020: Slovakia vs Spain: Statistical Highlights: Enrique's side notch thumping 5-0 win to enter knockouts
- News PM Modi's meeting with Jammu and Kashmir leaders: Kashmir Valley on alert | Top Developments
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan And Taimur Have A Mid-Week Movie Night With A Special Treat!
- Finance FMCG Companies Log Sales Growth After Unlock 2.0:
- Education Lucknow University To Offer Course In Philosophical Counselling
- Lifestyle Jyeshtha Purnima 2021: Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
Italdesign has patented a new seat belt system for two-wheelers. The new seatbelt system is intended to hold the rider in place in some scenarios and releases the rider in some others. It gets a large backrest that helps keep the rider safe in the event of a crash.
Italdesign was founded in 1968 as Studi Italiani Realizzazione Prototipi S.p.A in Italy, and currently employs more than 900 people worldwide. The Italian design and engineering company has in the past designed many iconic vehicles such as the DeLorean DMC-12, Lotus Esprit, Maserati MC12, Ducati 860 GT and Volkswagen Golf Mk1 among many others.
The brand has now patented a new seatbelt system for two-wheelers. Unlike most seatbelt systems, this system comes with a large backrest similar to the seats seen in racing cars with plenty of lateral support.
The system is designed in a way that the backrest is attached to the two-wheeler via a flexible joint to allow the rider to move up to a certain degree. Between the flexible joint and the backrest is a quick release mechanism designed to release the rider in some cases of accidents where the rider is safer if detached from the two-wheeler.
Even though seatbelts have saved many lives over the year ever since their first application in cars and other larger vehicles, the system was considered rather dangerous in the case of two-wheelers as they can sometimes hinder the chances of survival in some types of accidents.
However, Italdesign thinks otherwise and has lots of confidence in their newly patented seatbelt system as their new system is not a completely mechanical one but an intelligent electro-mechanical one. It can detect the type of collision and take the best possible decision to save the rider.
Thoughts On Italdesign's Patented Two-Wheeler Seatbelt
It is a clever design. Considering the inclusion of the backrest, it is safe to conclude that injuries to the spine and rib will be minimised. However, we are not sure how the system will understand the type of crash and the effectiveness of this decision-making in a real-life scenario. We would have to wait for some real-life tests to check the outcome of this safety tech.