- 18 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 20 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 24 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Technology Free Fire Redeem Codes For May 17; Get Free Fire Diamonds
- Finance Should You Invest In Fixed Deposits With Free Life Insurance Benefits?
- Movies Director-Lyricist Arunraja Kamaraj's Wife Passes Away Due To COVID-19
- News No proof of fraud against Srinivas, Gambhir: They were helping, Delhi Police tells HC
- Sports Warriors star Curry pips Wizards' Beal to second NBA scoring title
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
Honda has trademarked the 'NX200' name, leading us to believe that the brand is working on a new ADV motorcycle. Honda might just be working on an ADV based on the Hornet 2.0. The evidence of this is in the new trademark filed for the NX200. It could take design inspiration from the Honda CB190X ADV motorcycle sold in the Chinese market.
Since the Pandemic began, Honda has been quietly at work, trying to improve its premium appeal by launching premium motorcycles in the Indian Market. The brand sells it exclusively through its Big Wing dealerships across India.
The Hero Xpulse 200 has seen immense success in the 200cc ADV category with zero competition to challenge its throne. It now looks like Honda is planning to take a jab at it with the Hornet 2.0 based 200cc adventure-touring motorcycle.
What supports this claim further is that Honda already has a naked motorcycle-based ADV in the Chinese market called the Honda CB190X. The Honda CB190X is heavily based on its naked cousin the Honda CB190R and it is one of the most affordable ADVs in the Chinese market. It is powered by the same 15.8bhp, 184cc single-cylinder engine from the Honda CB190R.
Just to get a perspective, the Honda Hornet 2.0 sold in India boasts an output of 17.27bhp from its 184cc engine. We expect the "Honda NX200" to feature cycle parts identical to the Honda CB190X. This will include the traditional ADV beak, a tall visor for protection against the wind during long rides, an engine bash plate, knuckle guards and provisions for saddle stays.
We also expect the "NX200" feature revised footpegs for an upright riding position. However, it is more likely to come with 17-inch wheels to keep costs down.
Thoughts On Honda NX200 Name Being Trademarked
Honda is on a roll to improve its brand image in India. Honda clearly intends to be more than just the flag-bearer for commuter-friendly bikes and scooters. Recent launches like the Honda CB350, CB500X and the CB650 have definitely helped to some extent, but more affordable and adventure friendly bikes on display at Honda showrooms will definitely improve the brand image and desirability factor.