- 52 min ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 7 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 10 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 14 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- Movies Sunny Movie Review: Jayasurya's Powerful Performance Saves This Brave Attempt
- News Bihar court's unique condition to rape accused to get bail: Wash clothes of 2000 women
- Sports IPL 2021, DC vs SRH: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Finance 3 EPFO Services Subscribers Can Avail Via Digilocker
- Technology Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh System Launched In India: Supports Over 120 Devices
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Education Delhi University Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
Honda has trademarked the 'NX200' name, leading us to believe that the brand is working on a new ADV motorcycle. Honda might just be working on an ADV based on the Hornet 2.0. The evidence of this is in the new trademark filed for the NX200. It could take design inspiration from the Honda CB190X ADV motorcycle sold in the Chinese market.
Since the Pandemic began, Honda has been quietly at work, trying to improve its premium appeal by launching premium motorcycles in the Indian Market. The brand sells it exclusively through its Big Wing dealerships across India.
The Hero Xpulse 200 has seen immense success in the 200cc ADV category with zero competition to challenge its throne. It now looks like Honda is planning to take a jab at it with the Hornet 2.0 based 200cc adventure-touring motorcycle.
What supports this claim further is that Honda already has a naked motorcycle-based ADV in the Chinese market called the Honda CB190X. The Honda CB190X is heavily based on its naked cousin the Honda CB190R and it is one of the most affordable ADVs in the Chinese market. It is powered by the same 15.8bhp, 184cc single-cylinder engine from the Honda CB190R.
Just to get a perspective, the Honda Hornet 2.0 sold in India boasts an output of 17.27bhp from its 184cc engine. We expect the "Honda NX200" to feature cycle parts identical to the Honda CB190X. This will include the traditional ADV beak, a tall visor for protection against the wind during long rides, an engine bash plate, knuckle guards and provisions for saddle stays.
We also expect the "NX200" feature revised footpegs for an upright riding position. However, it is more likely to come with 17-inch wheels to keep costs down.
Thoughts On Honda NX200 Name Being Trademarked
Honda is on a roll to improve its brand image in India. Honda clearly intends to be more than just the flag-bearer for commuter-friendly bikes and scooters. Recent launches like the Honda CB350, CB500X and the CB650 have definitely helped to some extent, but more affordable and adventure friendly bikes on display at Honda showrooms will definitely improve the brand image and desirability factor.