- 11 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 13 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 14 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Sports BCCI remains undecided on Ranji or Hazare Trophy, women's domestic season expected from March
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: Eijaz Khan Is Out Of The BB House Due To Prior Work Commitment, Devoleena To Replace Him
- News Rethink move to ban poultry sale: Centre to States
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) has announced the sales report for December 2020. As per the sales report, the company has registered a total of 2,63,027 scooters and motorcycle sold in the previous month.
This a 3 per cent increase in overall sales as compared to the 2,55,283 units sold during the same month last year. Out of the 2,63,027 units sold by the brand in the last month, 2,42,046 units were from domestic sales. While the rest 20,981 units came from exports of two-wheelers by the brand to various international markets.
Honda's domestic sales grew 5% to 242,046 units in the year 2020's last month compared to 230,197 units a year ago. According to the company, it has registered positive growth for the 5th consecutive month after the pandemic.
The first quarter of the current financial year was rough due to the Covid-19 pandemic. While the second quarter helped in stabilizing the ecosystem and meeting the pent-up demand. The third quarter of FY'2020-21, however, has been a good three months for HMSI.
During the third quarter of the current financial year between October and December 2020, the company has registered its first positive quarter in Year-on-Year sales comparison. Honda's Q3 domestic sales jumped 5% on YoY basis to 11,49,101 units in Q3, FY'21 from 10,91,299 units in the same period last year.
Mr Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, "After the positive retail and wholesale traction in December'20, we enter 2021 with a new hope. The 3rd quarter marked the first quarter of positive sales after a long time. The next 2 quarters too, are expected to show some growth due to the low base effect but real positive growth and market expansion may take some time.
However, we are all geared up for 2021 - Honda's momentous 20th Anniversary year in India. With multiple brand new and exciting offerings in the pipeline, Honda will delight riders across categories with new Joy of Riding."
Thoughts About The Honda Two-Wheelers Sales Report For December 2020
Honda is among the top two-wheeler manufacturers in the country. The company is known for some of its best models sold in the country such as the Activa scooter and the Shine motorcycle; among others. The company has completed the calendar year 2020 on a high note by posting positive sales growth in December 2020.