- 19 hrs ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- 24 hrs ago TVS Gearing Up For The Launch Of A New Scooter On October 7th; Rumours Point Towards Jupiter 125
- 1 day ago Pravaig Extinction MK2 India Launch First Phase In 2022: To Be Introduced As Fleet Service Initially
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Achieves 10000 Unit EV Sales Milestone; Dominates The EV Segment With 70% Market Share
- Finance 8 Countries Where Rupee Is Stronger
- News Do not confuse border dispute with boundary question, India tells China
- Sports Badminton: India lose 1-4 to Thailand in Sudirman Cup
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 5: Lahari Shari To Enter Secret Room After Exit From The House?
- Lifestyle Awareness Talk On The Occasion Of Gynaecological Cancer Awareness Month
- Technology Week 39, 2021 Launch Roundup: Realme Narzo 50i, HUAWEI Nova 9 Pro, iQOO Z5, Realme GT Neo2, And More
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
Honda Motorcycle & Scooters India (HMSI) has announced the achievement of a new milestone in its 20th year of operation. The company stated that its cumulative two-wheelers sales in South India have now crossed over 1.5 crore units mark, since its inception in 2001.
The company also announced that they continue to enjoy being the number one two-wheeler brand in the southern region of the country. This includes Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Puducherry and the Union Territories of Andaman.
Honda Two-Wheeler India also stated that the company has taken 20 years to achieve the 1.5 crore sales milestone. Of this, the first 75 lakh sales took 15 years to achieve (2001 - 2016). However, the latest 75 lakh sales have taken just 5 years (2017 - 2021); registering 3 times faster growth & acceptance of their products in the southern region.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"We thank our 1.5 Crore customers for making Honda their first choice of mobility in the South... This trust and loyalty earned in 2 decades has catapulted Honda to become the No. 1 brand in the region. From our first all-India dealership inauguration to our biggest Indian production facility in this region, South has always been very close to Honda's heart."
"Today, the South region continues to lead the two-wheeler demand momentum for us. In future as well, expect a lot of excitement from Honda across both - the trusted Red Wing (domestic scooters & motorcycles line-up) and exclusive Silver Wing (Premium motorcycles ranging from 300cc to 1800cc)."
The company also stated that the south region is the largest contributor to the brand's overall sales in the country. The Honda Activa and the Dio scooter models carry the highest demand in the market, bringing in the most number of volume sales month-on-month.
Alongside the brand's domestic bike and scooter lineup, the company also has multiple premium dealerships across the region as well. Honda currently operates one BigWing Topline and 5 BigWing showrooms which exclusively cater to the 300cc - 1800cc two-wheeler segment in the country.
Thoughts On The Honda Two-Wheeler Sales In South India
South India is the largest contributor to Honda's two-wheelers sales in the country. The 1.5 crore sales mark is a major milestone achievement for the brand, with high expectations to improve demand even further in the coming years.