- 8 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 9 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 11 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3: Angel & Remya Enter As Wildcard Entries, Firoz-Sajna & Michelle Get Punished
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Technology How To Search Vodafone Idea Tariff Plans By Region
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Honda Motorcycle & Scooters India (HMSI) has announced the achievement of a new milestone in its 20th year of operation. The company stated that its cumulative two-wheelers sales in South India have now crossed over 1.5 crore units mark, since its inception in 2001.
The company also announced that they continue to enjoy being the number one two-wheeler brand in the southern region of the country. This includes Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Puducherry and the Union Territories of Andaman.
Honda Two-Wheeler India also stated that the company has taken 20 years to achieve the 1.5 crore sales milestone. Of this, the first 75 lakh sales took 15 years to achieve (2001 - 2016). However, the latest 75 lakh sales have taken just 5 years (2017 - 2021); registering 3 times faster growth & acceptance of their products in the southern region.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"We thank our 1.5 Crore customers for making Honda their first choice of mobility in the South... This trust and loyalty earned in 2 decades has catapulted Honda to become the No. 1 brand in the region. From our first all-India dealership inauguration to our biggest Indian production facility in this region, South has always been very close to Honda's heart."
"Today, the South region continues to lead the two-wheeler demand momentum for us. In future as well, expect a lot of excitement from Honda across both - the trusted Red Wing (domestic scooters & motorcycles line-up) and exclusive Silver Wing (Premium motorcycles ranging from 300cc to 1800cc)."
The company also stated that the south region is the largest contributor to the brand's overall sales in the country. The Honda Activa and the Dio scooter models carry the highest demand in the market, bringing in the most number of volume sales month-on-month.
Alongside the brand's domestic bike and scooter lineup, the company also has multiple premium dealerships across the region as well. Honda currently operates one BigWing Topline and 5 BigWing showrooms which exclusively cater to the 300cc - 1800cc two-wheeler segment in the country.
Thoughts On The Honda Two-Wheeler Sales In South India
South India is the largest contributor to Honda's two-wheelers sales in the country. The 1.5 crore sales mark is a major milestone achievement for the brand, with high expectations to improve demand even further in the coming years.