- 7 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 13 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- News DRDO's new anti-COVID-19 drug 2-DG to be rolled out tomorrow
- Sports Ravi Shastri pays tributes to former Saurashtra pacer and BCCI match referee Rajendrasinh Jadeja
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Movies Choti Sarrdaarni Fame Abhilasha Jakhar And Vineet Kumar Chaudhary Blessed With A Baby Boy; SEE PIC
- Finance Will Interest Rates On PPF, NSC, Post Office Deposits Be Cut On July 1?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Honda Motorcycle & Scooters India (HMSI) has announced the achievement of a new milestone in its 20th year of operation. The company stated that its cumulative two-wheelers sales in South India have now crossed over 1.5 crore units mark, since its inception in 2001.
The company also announced that they continue to enjoy being the number one two-wheeler brand in the southern region of the country. This includes Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Puducherry and the Union Territories of Andaman.
Honda Two-Wheeler India also stated that the company has taken 20 years to achieve the 1.5 crore sales milestone. Of this, the first 75 lakh sales took 15 years to achieve (2001 - 2016). However, the latest 75 lakh sales have taken just 5 years (2017 - 2021); registering 3 times faster growth & acceptance of their products in the southern region.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"We thank our 1.5 Crore customers for making Honda their first choice of mobility in the South... This trust and loyalty earned in 2 decades has catapulted Honda to become the No. 1 brand in the region. From our first all-India dealership inauguration to our biggest Indian production facility in this region, South has always been very close to Honda's heart."
"Today, the South region continues to lead the two-wheeler demand momentum for us. In future as well, expect a lot of excitement from Honda across both - the trusted Red Wing (domestic scooters & motorcycles line-up) and exclusive Silver Wing (Premium motorcycles ranging from 300cc to 1800cc)."
The company also stated that the south region is the largest contributor to the brand's overall sales in the country. The Honda Activa and the Dio scooter models carry the highest demand in the market, bringing in the most number of volume sales month-on-month.
Alongside the brand's domestic bike and scooter lineup, the company also has multiple premium dealerships across the region as well. Honda currently operates one BigWing Topline and 5 BigWing showrooms which exclusively cater to the 300cc - 1800cc two-wheeler segment in the country.
Thoughts On The Honda Two-Wheeler Sales In South India
South India is the largest contributor to Honda's two-wheelers sales in the country. The 1.5 crore sales mark is a major milestone achievement for the brand, with high expectations to improve demand even further in the coming years.