- 23 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- News WATCH: Himachal bridge hit by boulders rolling down hill
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Tsitsipas taking inspiration from the gold medallist grandfather he has never met
- Movies Karan Johar: I Cannot Backslap Shah Rukh Khan; He Is A Very Spiritual Person [Flashback]
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Honda 2Wheelers India today announced that their best selling scooter, the Activa, has achieved a new milestone and has created a history by selling 2.5 crore units since its inception. The Honda Activa was first launched in 2001 and even 20 years later, it is still one of the favourite scooters in the country.
Expressing gratitude on achieving this historic milestone, Atsushi Ogata, Managing Director, President & CEO, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, "Since its launch in 2001, be it the 100-110cc engine or the new more powerful 125cc engine, the secret of success of Activa family is Leadership that builds Trust. Since 20 years, Activa is at the forefront of technological innovation, sometimes even decade before it became the industry norm. Be it the Honda patented tuff-up tube and CLiC mechanism in 2001, Honda's Combi-brake system with Equalizer in 2009, revolutionary Honda Eco Technology (HET) for 10% mileage up in 2013, or even the smarter HET PGM-Fi engine powered by eSP and World First Tumble flow in BS-VI era; every generation of Activa brand continued to evolve, revolutionize the scooter segment and Activate India. We are happy to see that India's love for the legendary Activa continues to reign supreme."
Sharing the uniqueness of Activa brand's 2 decades' journey Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, "Very rarely does a two-wheeler transcend from just utility to an emotion which stirs and resonates with the soul of society, like Activa has. So much has changed around us during this period, but Activa still continues to remain the first love of Indian families, when it comes to buying purchase a scooter. As generations grew from infants on pillion to first time riders, from the empowered first time women rider to the savvy grandparents living it up; Honda is proud that Activa brand has been intrinsic to the activation of this great nation. Many of our Customers share their cherished memories over every generation of Activa. Thank you India 2.5 crore times over, for making Activa the gold standard of your everyday ride."
Powering the Honda Activa is a 109cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine. The unit produces 7.7bhp of power at 8000rpm and 8.8Nm of peak torque at 5250rpm.
Thoughts On The Honda Activa Achieving A New Milestone
The Honda Activa is the best-selling scooter in the Indian market. The scooter has been on sale in India for over two decades and has become a household name in the country. The Activa continues to go up against the likes of the TVS Jupiter and the Hero Maestro Edge.