- 9 hrs ago New Kia Sonet With Updated Logo Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 9 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Railway Transportation Milestone Mark Achieved: Ships Over 7.2 Lakh Vehicles
- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Could Be Rebadged & Sold As The Toyota Belta: Here Are All The Details!
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar NS 125 Launched In India At Rs 93,690: The Naked-Street Enters The 125cc Segment
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8 April 20 Highlights: Bigg Boss Takes Away All The Luxuries From The Contestants
- Sports European Super League: Breakaway competition appears to crumble as Chelsea, Man City lead reported exodus
- News Indian COVID variant still under investigation in UK, not yet of concern: Boris Johnson
- Finance Short Of Money Amid Covid 19: Easy And Low Cost Borrowing Options
- Education Maharashtra Class 10 Board Exams 2021 Cancelled: Minister Varsha Gaikwad
- Technology Realme X7 Pro Extreme Might Debut As Realme X7 Max In India; Expected Price, Specs
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In April
- Lifestyle 8 Beauty Lessons You Need To Take From Bhumi Pednekar’s Instagram Feed
Honda 2Wheelers India today announced that their best selling scooter, the Activa, has achieved a new milestone and has created a history by selling 2.5 crore units since its inception. The Honda Activa was first launched in 2001 and even 20 years later, it is still one of the favourite scooters in the country.
Expressing gratitude on achieving this historic milestone, Atsushi Ogata, Managing Director, President & CEO, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, "Since its launch in 2001, be it the 100-110cc engine or the new more powerful 125cc engine, the secret of success of Activa family is Leadership that builds Trust. Since 20 years, Activa is at the forefront of technological innovation, sometimes even decade before it became the industry norm. Be it the Honda patented tuff-up tube and CLiC mechanism in 2001, Honda's Combi-brake system with Equalizer in 2009, revolutionary Honda Eco Technology (HET) for 10% mileage up in 2013, or even the smarter HET PGM-Fi engine powered by eSP and World First Tumble flow in BS-VI era; every generation of Activa brand continued to evolve, revolutionize the scooter segment and Activate India. We are happy to see that India's love for the legendary Activa continues to reign supreme."
Sharing the uniqueness of Activa brand's 2 decades' journey Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, "Very rarely does a two-wheeler transcend from just utility to an emotion which stirs and resonates with the soul of society, like Activa has. So much has changed around us during this period, but Activa still continues to remain the first love of Indian families, when it comes to buying purchase a scooter. As generations grew from infants on pillion to first time riders, from the empowered first time women rider to the savvy grandparents living it up; Honda is proud that Activa brand has been intrinsic to the activation of this great nation. Many of our Customers share their cherished memories over every generation of Activa. Thank you India 2.5 crore times over, for making Activa the gold standard of your everyday ride."
Powering the Honda Activa is a 109cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine. The unit produces 7.7bhp of power at 8000rpm and 8.8Nm of peak torque at 5250rpm.
Thoughts On The Honda Activa Achieving A New Milestone
The Honda Activa is the best-selling scooter in the Indian market. The scooter has been on sale in India for over two decades and has become a household name in the country. The Activa continues to go up against the likes of the TVS Jupiter and the Hero Maestro Edge.