- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan And Sujoy Ghosh To Join Hands For A Thriller, Film To Roll In February: Report
- Lifestyle Happy Valmiki Jayanti 2021: Wishes, Messages, Quotes, Images, Facebook And Whatsapp Status
- News BJP MLA from Ayodhya sentenced to 5 years in prison for producing fake mark sheet to get college admission
- Education RSMSSB Fireman And AFO 2021 Exam Date Announced For 629 Posts On RSMSSB.Rajasthan.Gov.In, Check Details Here
- Sports Kamalpreet Kaur aims to break her national record to prepare for World Championships, CWG, Asian Games
- Finance 1 Large-Cap And Small-Cap Stock To Buy As Suggested By ICICI Securities
- Technology Google Pixel Launch Event Today: Here's How To Watch Livestream In India
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
At the end of December 2020, Hero MotoCorp had announced that it will be hiking the prices of the motorcycles and scooters in its portfolio from January 2021. The very first products that have got the hike are the Hero Xtreme 200S and Hero Xtreme 160R.
Here are the new prices of the Hero Xtreme 200S and the Xtreme 160R. Earlier the Xtreme 200S carried a price tag of Rs 1,15,714 but now it is priced at Rs 1,17,214, which makes the motorcycle Rs 1500 costlier. On the other hand, the Hero Xtreme 160R, which carried a price tag of Rs 1,02,000, now retails at Rs 1,03,900, which is Rs 1900 more. All prices mentioned above are ex-showroom.
The new Hero Xtreme 200S comes with a number of new features, added equipment list and slight revisions to its design as well. The new BS6-compliant Xtreme 200S now comes with twin LED headlamps, LED tail-lights, a chiselled rear cowl design, anti-slip seats and a host of other updates.
Mechanically, the new Xtreme 200S is powered by the same 199cc single-cylinder oil-cooled fuel-injected engine. It produces 17.8bhp of power at 8500rpm and 16.4Nm of peak torque at 6500rpm, paired with a five-speed gearbox.
The Xtreme 160R's design is inspired by the brand Xtreme 1.R Concept model, showcased at EICMA motor show in 2019. The motorcycle gets an aggressive LED headlamp cluster, rectangular-shaped turn indicators at both ends, and a blacked-out tail-lamp.
The motorcycle comes powered by an air-cooled, single-cylinder 160cc engine that produces 15bhp of power at 8000rpm and a peak torque of 14Nm at 6500rpm. The engine comes mated to standard a five-speed gearbox. Hero claims that the Xtreme 160R can accelerate from 0km/h to 60km/h in 4.7 seconds. It will also feature the best-in-class power-to-weight ratio making it one among the fastest motorcycles in the segment.
Thoughts About The Price Hike Done By Hero
The Hero Xtreme 200S and the Xtreme 160R, both are great commuter motorcycles and Hero had already announced that it will be increasing the prices of its vehicles. But we think that the price hick of both the motorcycles is not that much and should not affect the sales.