- 17 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 23 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- News NIA raids in Madurai following incriminating Facebook post by Islamist
- Movies Happy Birthday Nushrratt Bharuccha: Only True Fans Of The Actress Know These Lesser Known Facts About Her!
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- Sports Nadal overcomes Djokovic to seal 10th Internazionali d'Italia title
- Finance 10 Top Gainers And Losers In Last 7 Trading Sessions Of Nifty
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
Hero MotoCorp has announced that its manufacturing operations will be temporarily suspended in the country. The company has taken the decision to halt operation due to the rise in Covid-19 cases in the country.
According to the company's statement, each plant and Global Parts Center (GPC) will remain shut for four days. This will be carried out in a staggered manner between April 22 and May 1 depending on the respective local situation of Covid-19 cases.
However, all their corporate offices will remain functional. Employees working in corporate offices are already working from their homes. The company is allowing very limited colleagues to offices on a rotation basis for the continuity of essential services.
The statement issued by the company said, "In keeping with its commitment to the safety and welfare of its people, Hero MotoCorp has decided to proactively halt operations temporarily at all of its manufacturing facilities across the country, including its Global Parts Center (GPC), in view of the ongoing escalation in the spread of Covid-19 across the country."
"The Company will utilize these shut-down days to carry out necessary maintenance work in the manufacturing plants. The shutdown will not impact the company's ability to meet the demand, which has been impacted due to localized shut-downs in many states and production loss will be compensated during the remainder of the quarter. All plants will resume normal operations post this short shutdown period."
The company has assured that the temporary halt in production will not impact the numbers. It will bring the numbers up by the end of the quarter. Hero MotoCorp will be utilizing these 4 days to carry out preventive maintenance in all the plants. This will ensure smooth working for the upcoming heavy days of production.
Thoughts About The Hero MotoCorp Suspending Operations Over Rising Cases In The Country
The second wave of Covid-19 pandemic in India has forced many automakers to either suspend operations temporarily or continue production with very little manpower. The Government has now announced a lockdown on many states and cities in the country to curb the spread of the deadly virus.