- 55 min ago Mahindra Thar New Base Variant In The Works With New Engine: Here Are The Details
- 1 hr ago MoEVing Partners With Hero Electric To Accelerate The Growth Of Electric Delivery Vehicles
- 2 hrs ago Tata HBX Interior Exterior Design & Features Spied Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp Extends Warranty, Free Service & AMC Period In India Due To Covid-19
- Sports India women's cricketer Priya Punia loses mother to COVID-19, shares emotional post in her memory
- News SC judge recuses himself from hearing Param Bir Singh’s plea
- Finance How To File A Revised ITR Online?
- Technology DoT Might Ask TRAI To Set New Pricing For 5G Spectrum Band
- Movies Vijay Sethupathi On Hosting MasterChef Tamil: I Never Accept Any Offer For The Money
- Lifestyle Style Alert: 4 Times Manushi Chhillar Showed Us How To Flaunt Wide-Leg Pants Stylishly And Effortlessly
- Education IIT Delhi Offering Six-Month Online Certificate Course In Data Science And Machine Learning
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
Hero MotoCorp has announced that the company has set up a new vertical for Harley-Davidson India. The new vertical set up by Hero MotoCorp will, going forward, drive the business of Harley-Davidson product and merchandise distribution in the country.
Hero MotoCorp has also announced Ravi Avalur as the Business Unit Head of the new vertical. Mr Avalur will be reporting directly to Dr Pawan Munjal, Chairman & CEO, Hero MotoCorp. Ravi was previously the Head of Strategy & International Business & Cooper (Engine & Engine Components Manufacturer); prior to which he was the Managing Director at Ducati India.
Alongside Ravi Avalur, the team in the Business unit of the new vertical also consists of four executives from the erstwhile Harley-Davidson India operations. These four executives will bring in years of competencies in areas such as sales, marketing, customer experiences, service and logistics.
Apart from the announcement of the new vertical, Hero MotoCorp also announced that the company has on-boarded 11 existing Harley-Davidson dealers at 11 cities across the country. These include Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore (Lavelle Road), Chennai, Kochi, Bhubaneswar, Delhi (Mathura Road), Hyderabad and Dehradun.
The company also stated that they have already commenced wholesale dispatches of Harley-Davidson products to dealers, from 18 January 2021.
Hero MotoCorp also announced that they will be expanding Harley-Davidson's service, parts & accessories business beyond the 11 cities mentioned above, to a pan-India level in the near future. This will ensure a smooth and hassle-free ownership experience for both existing and new Harley-Davidson customers in the Indian market.
The company also has a number of new product launches planned for the Indian market. Hero MotoCorp has stated that more details of these products will be announced closer to their launch dates.
The new vertical is a result of the agreement between the two brands for the Indian market. Harley-Davidson last year announced that it will be exiting the Indian market, however, they made a quick comeback after partnering with Hero MotoCorp.
As part of the agreement between the two brands, Hero MotoCorp will be completely responsible for the sales and distribution of Harley-Davidson products in India. The two companies will also work together on developing new products for emerging markets, as part of their licensing agreement.
Thoughts On Hero MotoCorp Setting Up A New Vertical For Harley-Davidson India
Harley-Davidson India is all set to make a comeback with a number of new products, under the purview of Hero MotoCorp. The new vertical set up by Hero, along with their wide range of sales and service network pan-India, should help the American two-wheeler giant, start its second innings on a positive note.