- 23 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- News India plans studies, expeditions in unheld areas to counter China
- Finance Nifty Opens 180 Points Higher; RailTel Gains 11%
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Movies Golden Globes 2021 Winners List Live Updates: Minari, The Crown And Shitt's Creek Lead With Big Wins
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For March 1, 2021: Win Amazon Pay Balance Of Rs. 10,000
- Sports ATP Tour debutant Cerundolo makes history with dream Cordoba triumph
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Hero MotoCorp has announced that the company has set up a new vertical for Harley-Davidson India. The new vertical set up by Hero MotoCorp will, going forward, drive the business of Harley-Davidson product and merchandise distribution in the country.
Hero MotoCorp has also announced Ravi Avalur as the Business Unit Head of the new vertical. Mr Avalur will be reporting directly to Dr Pawan Munjal, Chairman & CEO, Hero MotoCorp. Ravi was previously the Head of Strategy & International Business & Cooper (Engine & Engine Components Manufacturer); prior to which he was the Managing Director at Ducati India.
Alongside Ravi Avalur, the team in the Business unit of the new vertical also consists of four executives from the erstwhile Harley-Davidson India operations. These four executives will bring in years of competencies in areas such as sales, marketing, customer experiences, service and logistics.
Apart from the announcement of the new vertical, Hero MotoCorp also announced that the company has on-boarded 11 existing Harley-Davidson dealers at 11 cities across the country. These include Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore (Lavelle Road), Chennai, Kochi, Bhubaneswar, Delhi (Mathura Road), Hyderabad and Dehradun.
The company also stated that they have already commenced wholesale dispatches of Harley-Davidson products to dealers, from 18 January 2021.
Hero MotoCorp also announced that they will be expanding Harley-Davidson's service, parts & accessories business beyond the 11 cities mentioned above, to a pan-India level in the near future. This will ensure a smooth and hassle-free ownership experience for both existing and new Harley-Davidson customers in the Indian market.
The company also has a number of new product launches planned for the Indian market. Hero MotoCorp has stated that more details of these products will be announced closer to their launch dates.
The new vertical is a result of the agreement between the two brands for the Indian market. Harley-Davidson last year announced that it will be exiting the Indian market, however, they made a quick comeback after partnering with Hero MotoCorp.
As part of the agreement between the two brands, Hero MotoCorp will be completely responsible for the sales and distribution of Harley-Davidson products in India. The two companies will also work together on developing new products for emerging markets, as part of their licensing agreement.
Thoughts On Hero MotoCorp Setting Up A New Vertical For Harley-Davidson India
Harley-Davidson India is all set to make a comeback with a number of new products, under the purview of Hero MotoCorp. The new vertical set up by Hero, along with their wide range of sales and service network pan-India, should help the American two-wheeler giant, start its second innings on a positive note.