- 6 hrs ago Piaggio Opens EV Three Wheeler Experience Centre in Mumbai
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Unveils 21 New Commercial Vehicles Including An Electric Bus
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar N250 and F250 Launched in India — Prices Start At Rs 1.38 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Hero Electric Opens New Dealership In Mysore — Second Showroom In Sandalwood City
- Education MHT CET 2021 Toppers List: 28 Students Emerge As Toppers, Score 100 Percentile In Maharashtra CET
- News Prashant Kishor in viral video: With or without Modi, BJP will be centre of Indian polity for decades
- Sports Dinesh Karthik, Dipika Pallikal blessed with twin boys
- Technology Redmi Note 11, Note 11 Pro, And Redmi Note 11 Pro+ Officially Unveiled; Price, Expected India Launch Date
- Movies Meet Actress Nisha Rawal Tests Positive For COVID-19; Requests Fans To Take Precautions
- Finance 7th CPC: DR Hiked To 31% For Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- Lifestyle Halloween 2021: Front Man And The VIP Guests’ Mask Costumes From Squid Game Discussed Spoilers Inside
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Due to the slow depletion of natural resources (petrol and diesel), many manufacturers are now focusing on electric vehicles. However, electric two-wheelers are slowly gaining popularity in the Indian market. With big giants like Bajaj Auto and TVS entering the market with their electric two-wheeler, customers have a lot of options to choose from. However, Hero MotoCorp is yet to enter the electric Two-wheeler space.
According to the latest report by Money Control, Niranjan Gupta, CFO, Hero MotoCorp, has confirmed that the company will launch its first electric two-wheeler in the first quarter of 2022. Also, earlier Hero MotoCorp and Gogoro Inc. announced a strategic partnership to accelerate the shift to sustainable electric mobility in India.
The partnership brings together Hero, the world's largest manufacturer of motorcycles and scooters, and Gogoro, the global leader in urban battery swapping and smart mobility innovation. However, it is good to see manufacturers like Hero encouraging the use of electric vehicles for a better environment.
Through this partnership, the companies will establish a battery swapping joint venture to bring Gogoro's industry-leading battery swapping platform to India. It will also collaborate on electric vehicle development to bring Hero-branded, powered by Gogoro Network vehicles to market.
Currently, Hero has sold 3.72 lakh units of two-wheelers in the month of April. The company said that the plant and showrooms were closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, due to which there has been a decrease in sales.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Electric Scooter By Hero MotoCorp
As we mentioned earlier, our natural resources petrol and diesel are depleting slowly and due to that, the cost of the product is going up day by day. However many manufacturers are now focusing on electric vehicles and Hero MotorCorp has confirmed that the company will launch its first electric two-wheeler in the first quarter of 2022.