- 8 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 13 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- Technology Amazon Gaming Gadgets Sale: Discount Offer On Gaming Devices
- Sports Euro 2020: Slovakia vs Spain: Statistical Highlights: Enrique's side notch thumping 5-0 win to enter knockouts
- News PM Modi's meeting with Jammu and Kashmir leaders: Kashmir Valley on alert | Top Developments
- Movies Aparshakti Khurana Reveals If He Is Going To Be Strict Or Cool Dad
- Finance FMCG Companies Log Sales Growth After Unlock 2.0:
- Education Lucknow University To Offer Course In Philosophical Counselling
- Lifestyle Jyeshtha Purnima 2021: Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
Hero MotoCorp has released the sales numbers registered by the brand in May 2021. Amidst the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country, the two-wheeler manufacturer has registered a total of 1,83,044 units in sales last month.
This has resulted in a yearly growth of 62.44 per cent in May 2021 as compared to sales from May 2020, which stood at 1,12,682 units. Out of the total 1,83,044 units, the company has sold 1,59,561 units in the domestic market, while the remaining were exported to various international markets.
The domestic sales grew by 46.59 per cent while the export operations have increased by a whopping 512 per cent in the last month as compared to the sales from May 2020.
Hero MotoCorp sold 1,78,706 units of motorcycle and 4,338 units of scooters in May 2021 out of the total sales registered by the brand. Much like other automakers in the Indian market, Hero MotoCorp has also taken a hit in sales when compared monthly.
The brand has registered a de-growth of 50.83 per cent in overall sales last month as compared to the sales from April 2021. The overall sales for April 2021 stood at 372,285 units. This is because the company had announced non-production days almost throughout the month due to the ongoing pandemic.
Hero MotoCorp ordered a halt in production operations at all of its manufacturing facilities across the country from April 22. It was aimed at keeping its workforce safe during the testing times and help curb the spread of the deadly virus.
However, as the situation improved, three of the six manufacturing plants from the brand located in Gurugram, Haridwar and Dharuhera resumed single-shift operations from May 17. Later in the month from May 24 remaining three manufacturing plants located in Neemrana, Halol and Chittoor commenced operations.
Hero MotoCorp further stated that "With the vaccination drive gaining pace and a sharp decline in the number of Covid-positive cases, markets across the country are expected to open up gradually. This will aid in the swift recovery of businesses in the coming weeks. The Company has launched innovative digital tools in sales and after-sales to enhance customer experience and ensure a safe environment for both employees and customers."
During these unprecedented times, the company had also announced an extension on warranty and free services of its customers. Under its CSR platform "Hero We Care", Hero MotoCorp partnered with the District Administration of Gurugram in Haryana to set up a makeshift 100-bed Covid Care Centre in the city.
Thoughts About The Hero MotoCorp Bike Sales Report For May 2021
Hero MotoCorp has registered positive growth in year sales last month. Despite being affected by lockdown, the company has registered over 1.83 lakh sales in May 2021. Alongside, Hero MotoCorp has also helped the nation fight against the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic by introducing several initiatives in the country.