- 9 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 14 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 15 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: What to look out for on July 25
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Selling Smartphones
- Movies Fahadh Faasil Starts Shooting For Vikram; Shares A Selfie With Kamal Haasan
- News Porn films case: 'Hidden' cupboard containing files of Raj Kundra’s finances found from his office wall
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
- Lifestyle Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
Hero Motocorp has released its sales figures for the month of December 2020. The world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer has registered 4.47 lakh units of total sales in the month of December 2020.
The company has ended 2020 on a positive note after registering a 5 per cent increase in yearly sales, when compared to December 2019 when Hero registered 4.25 lakh units of sales.
Of the total sales registered in December 2020, Hero motorcycles registered 4.15 lakh units of sales, while the remaining 32,000 units came from scooter sales. This again is an improvement in yearly sales, with Hero registering 4.03 lakh units of motorcycles and a little over 22,000 units of scooters in December 2019.
Talking about the domestic market, Hero MotoCorp registered 4.25 lakh units of sales in the domestic market last month. This is an improvement from December 2019 when domestic sales stood at 4.12 lakh units.
Export sales also increased from 12,836 units in December 2019 to 22,302 units of sales during the last month of 2020; a massive 72 per cent increment in yearly sales.
Hero MotoCorp also announced that the company clocked in their best-ever third-quarter, registering 18.45 lakh units of sales. The company during the October-December period registered a 19.7 per cent growth compared to the same period in the previous fiscal year, when its sales stood at 15.41 lakh units.
Having said that, Hero MotoCorp did suffer a loss in its YTD sales comparison. The two-wheeler manufacturer registered 42.23 lakh units of sales in the FY21 YTD period, which is significantly lower compared to the same period in FY20 which stood at a little over 50 lakh units. The decline is, however, attributed to the 0 units of sales registered during the lockdown in India earlier this year.
Thoughts On The Hero MotoCorp Sales Report For December 2020
Hero MotoCorp has managed to consolidate its position as the market leader in the Indian two-wheeler segment yet again, with the highest sales figures. The company has also managed to bounce back and recover from the losses earlier this year.