- 27 min ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 2 hrs ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- Finance Job Postings In Travel & Tourism Sector Sees 4 Percent Rise In December: Report
- Movies Bigg Boss Ultimate Grand Launch: Start Date, TV Timings And Live Streaming Details On Disney+Hotstar!
- News Republic Day 2022 Live Updates: President Kovind to address the nation at 7 pm
- Sports Australian Open: Nadal refutes Shapovalov's claims of special treatment
- Technology Redmi Note 11s India Pricing & Detailed Features Revealed Ahead Of Feb 9 Launch
- Lifestyle Expert Talks About The Importance Of Healthy Weight, The Key For Good Health
- Education UCEED Answer Key 2022 Released At uceed.iitb.ac.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Hero MotoCorp and Gogoro Inc. have announced a strategic partnership to accelerate the shift to sustainable electric mobility in India. Through this partnership, the companies will establish a battery swapping joint venture to bring Gogoro's industry-leading battery swapping platform to India. It will also collaborate on electric vehicle development to bring Hero-branded, powered by Gogoro Network vehicles to market.
Commenting on the new partnership, Pawan Munjal, Chairman and CEO, Hero MotoCorp, said, "Our strategic partnership with Gogoro is in line with our Vision - 'Be the Future of Mobility which we are bringing alive through our Mission to 'Create, Collaborate & Inspire'. Today marks another major milestone in our journey, as we bring Hero's leadership in two-wheelers, our Global scale and innovation powerhouse, with the leadership of Gogoro in the Swapping business model, as they have demonstrated over the years in Taiwan and the rest of the world."
"This partnership will further extend the work, which we are doing at our R&D hubs at the Centre of Innovation and Technology (CIT) in Jaipur & our Tech Centre in Germany. The vision and commitment of Hero and Gogoro is perfectly aligned towards the common goal of accelerating the shift to Smart, Sustainable electric mobility in India, and around the World. With this new partnership, we commit to introducing a sustainable mobility paradigm, first in India and then in other markets around the world. This partnership will strengthen and expedite the Indian government's electrification drive and will have a significant impact on India's energy and mobility future" he further added.
"We are at a critical stage in the transformation of urban mobility and the evolution of smart cities. With more than 225 million gas-powered two-wheel vehicles in India, the need for smart and sustainable electric transportation and refuelling is vital," said Horace Luke, Founder & CEO, Gogoro Inc. "The Hero-Gogoro partnership addresses these challenges and will leverage Hero's market strength and Gogoro's industry-leading innovations to deliver smart vehicles and refuel with Gogoro Network battery swapping."
Thoughts About The Partnership between Hero MotoCorp and Gogoro Inc.
The partnership brings together Hero, the world's largest manufacturer of motorcycles and scooters, and Gogoro, the global leader in urban battery swapping and smart mobility innovation. However, it is good to see manufacturers like Hero encouraging the use of electric vehicles for a better environment.