- 1 day ago Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Taigun Launched In India At Rs 10.49 Lakh: All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup Announced; GT-R650 Race Bike Revealed
- 1 day ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- News India on China's allegations on Galwan clash: Chinese's provocative behaviour disturbed peace
- Movies Kiara Advani's BTS Picture From The Sets Of Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 Is Unmissable
- Technology New Realme Q Series Phone With Snapdragon 778G 5G Launching In October; What To Expect?
- Sports No more neutral venues for Pakistan, says PCB official
- Education TS EdCET Results 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Finance Indian Gold Rates Is Quoted At 45,240 On Sept 24
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 1
- Lifestyle Attending A Wedding Soon? Vidya Balan And Genelia Deshmukh Have Red Saree Goals For You!
The Hero Electric AE-47 electric motorcycle, which was showcased at the Auto Expo 2020, will be one of Hero Electric's premium products which will be launched in the Indian Market. However, according to the latest report by CarandBike, Naveen Munjal, MD, Hero Electric has said that the AE-47 electric motorcycle is ready for production, but its launch will be delayed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. It is likely to launch sometime early next year.
The Hero Electric AE-47 once launched in India would be priced at a premium of around Rs 2 lakh. This makes it inaccessible for the majority of its customers. Munjal also stated that at this premium price point, customers demand high performance, which results in the batteries draining out faster.
To get over this problem, electric motorcycle manufacturers will either have to invest in higher-capacity batteries or setting up charging infrastructures across the country; both of which will result in an increase in the overall cost of the electric motorcycle as well. Also, another factor to consider is the relatively high price of replacement of batteries after their lifecycle.
Mechanically, talking about the Hero electric motorcycle itself, the AE-47 comes powered by a 4kW electric motor mated to a 3.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric motorcycle offers two riding modes: Eco and Sport, with the maximum range, claimed to be at 160km on a single charge (in Eco mode).
Thoughts About The Hero Electric Motorcycle AE-47 India Launch Delayed
Due to the second wave of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, a lot of new launches have been delayed. The company feels that the electric motorcycle segment is at a very nascent stage and that the electric scooter faring much better in the market, given the current situation. The Hero Electric AE-47 motorcycle once introduced in India will go up against the likes of the Revolt RV400 and maybe even the Ultraviolette F77 as well.