- 2 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 4 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 4 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 5 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Reveals She Suffered Slipped Disc At 19; Says She Feels Fat And Cries In Gym
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The American-based premium motorcycle manufacturer, Harley Davidson, has announced their updated motorcycle line-up for the Indian market. The brand recently exited the Indian market as a standalone brand and suspended its production operations in the country.
As a result, the locally-produced Street 750 and the Street Rod have been discontinued in the Indian market. With the brand shutting its manufacturing operations in the country, both motorcycles have now been removed from the website.
The Street 750 and the Street Rod were the brand's entry-level offering for buyers looking to be part of the Harley Davidson family. Looking at the brand's latest line-up, the Iron 883 would be the brand's entry-level offering in the country. All Harley Davidson motorcycles now sold in the Indian market will be imported as (CBU) Completely Built-Up units.
Right before Street 750 was discontinued, the price of the motorcycle was slashed by Rs 65,000. After the price decrease, the Street 750 urban cruiser retailed at a starting price of Rs 4.69 lakh. On the other hand, the Street Rod was offered with a price tag of Rs 6.55 lakh. All priced mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
The Harley Davidson Street 750 and the Streed Rod were powered by a BS6 compliant 749cc, V-Twin, liquid-cooled engine. The engine on the Street 750 produced a maximum of 55bhp and a peak torque of 60Nm.
On the other hand, the same engine on the Street Rod produced a maximum of 70bhp and a peak torque of 65Nm. However, engine on both motorcycles came mated to a standard six-speed gearbox.
The Street Rod featured wide handlebar, tear-drop shaped long fuel tank, a giant radiator, round-shaped LED headlamps, tail-lamps and turn indicators, blacked-out long exhaust, front-seat footpegs and well-cushioned rider and pillion seats.
Similarly, the Street 750 featured a long tear-drop shaped fuel tank with forward-set footpegs, up-right handlebar, a well-cushioned rider seat, which made it easier for city commutes and long-distance journey. Both motorcycles offered a low-rider seat height which made it easier to navigate in busy city traffic.
The Harley Davidson brand continues to exist in the Indian market. The American bike manufacturer has partnered with Hero MotoCorp, the world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer to handle sales and distribution in the country. The Indian two-wheeler manufacture has also onboarded a couple of Harley Davidson dealers already to commence joint operations in the country.
Thoughts About The Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Discontinued In India
The Harley Davidson Street 750 and the Street Rod fulfilled aspirations of many customers entering the premium brand in the country. However, both motorcycles were removed as the brand has ended its production operation. Customers will now have to shell out more to be a part of the brand in India.