- 9 hrs ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 10 hrs ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- News PM Modi committed to honouring real heroes: Amit Shah on Padma awards
- Movies Bro Daddy Twitter Review: Did Mohanlal-Prithviraj Sukumaran's Film Impress The Audience?
- Finance Union Budget 2022-23: Here's What The Insurance Industry Expects
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Super-sub Irshad earns NorthEast United FC draw against Mumbai City FC
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Technology Oppo Reno7 5G India Pricing Tipped Ahead Of February 4 Launch
- Lifestyle Know About Tongue Thrust In Newborns And Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
American motorcycle manufacturer Harley Davidson has launched the Sportster S In India at IBW 2021. The Harley Davidson Sportster S is priced at Rs 15.51 lakhs (ex-showroom).
The engine powering the Harley Davidson Sportster S uses the architecture as the counterbalanced Revolution Max 1250 liquid-cooled v-twin engine that is found in the Pan America 1250 adventure tourer. However, in the Sportster S the 60-degree v-twin engine sports different internals with smaller valves and ports along with different combustion chamber and piston shapes.
The engine on the Sportster S has been dubbed the Revolution Max 1250 T and it produces 121bhp at 7,500rpm and 125Nm of peak torque at 6,000rpm. The engine is paired to a 6-speed manual transmission with an assist and slipper clutch for smoother shifts.
The Harley Davidson Sportster S features three pre-defined riding modes - Sport, Road and Rain. Owners can also use a fully customisable mode to get the characteristics that best suit their riding style. Cycling between the different riding modes tweaks the throttle response, torque delivery, and engine braking on offer. The riding modes also tweak the traction control and ABS setups.
The engine on the Harley Davidson Sportster S is a stressed member of the chassis. The Sportster S from Harley features 43mm inverted front forks up front and a mono shock at the rear. The Showa suspension setup features adjustment for compression, rebound and spring preload.
The Sportster S features a 320mm radially mounted, monoblock front disc brake with 4 piston Brembo brake callipers. The rear wheel is halted by a 260mm disc brake with a single Brembo brake calliper setup. The Harley Davidson Sportster S rides on a 17-inch wheel up front and a 16 incher at the rear. The lightweight cast aluminium wheels are shod with 160/70 TR17(front) and 180/70 R16 (rear) Dunlop tyres.
Harley Davidson's new Sportster S is 2,265m long, 843mm wide and 1,089mm tall. The bike's wheelbase is 1,519mm long. The seat on the Sportster S sits 752mm above the ground while the ground clearance of the bike is quite low at just 93mm. The fuel tank of the Sportster S holds 11.8 litres of fuel with another 3 litres in reserve. The bike weighs in at 228 kilogrammes (wet).
The design of the Sportser S is quite unique with the rectangular LED headlamp up front along with the inverted front forks and the chunky tyre up front.
The right side of the bike is dominated by the high-mounted 2-1-2 exhaust setup that sits quite close to the seat. The exhaust system is made using 304-series stainless steel and is engineered to reflect heat away from the rider.
The rear end of the bike is dominated by the low mounted taillight section that looks tiny compared to the chunky tyre.
The Harley Davidson Sportster S features a round 4-inch LCD display that offers Bluetooth connectivity and when connected to the Harley Davidson app provides turn-by-turn navigation. The Harley Davidson Sportster S comes packed with features including a six-axis inertial measurement unit (IMU), cornering ABS, cruise control, traction control, a tyre pressure monitoring system and a USB C charging port for your mobile phone.
Thoughts On The Harley Davidson Sportster S
The Harley Davidson Sportster S is the latest addition to Harley's Sportster lineup and comes packed with a host of features that should make it the bike of choice for solo tourers with a bit of cash to burn.