- 3 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 7 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- 19 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 To Get A 130 Bhp Petrol Engine; The Most Powerful In Its Segment
- 23 hrs ago TVS Ventures Into Personal E-Mobility Business With EGO Movement; All-Cash Deal Through Its Subsidiary
- News Punjab Crisis: Congress high command to decide on Amarinder's successor; MLAs pass resolution
- Finance Indian Gold Rates Today Quoted At Rs. 45,390, Showing Downward Trend, Should You Buy?
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- Sports Durand Cup: Group C opens up as Delhi FC and Bengaluru FC play a well contested draw
- Movies Mira Rajput Shares A Candid Pic Of Herself, Her Caption Has A Connection With Prince Harry And Meghan Markle
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
Harley Davidson has launched the Pan America 1250 and 1250 Special motorcycles in the Indian market. The Harley Davidson Pan America 1250 retails at a starting price of Rs 16.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The company has launched two variants of the Pan America motorcycle called the standard and the special. The Pan America 1250 Special retails at Rs 19.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The standard variant of the adventure motorcycle is more on-road biased. However, the special variant features a more off-road biased setup with electronically adjustable suspension, spoked wheels and more.
The Pan America 1250 features all-around LED lighting with DRLs, well-cushioned wide seats, wide and raised handlebar, 21.2-litre long-range fuel tank, a tall windscreen and an up-swept exhaust; among others.
The Pan America 1250 and 1250 Special are powered by the liquid-cooled, V-twin-cylinder 1250cc engine. It produces a maximum of 149bhp at 9000rpm and a peak torque of 127Nm at 6750rpm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed transmission along with an assist and slip clutch.
Both motorcycle also features a 6.8-inch TFT display. The instrument cluster of the motorcycle is a touchscreen unit that disables when the vehicle is in motion. The instrument cluster displays gear, odometer, fuel level, clock, trip, low temp alert, side stand down alert, TIP over alert, cruise, range and tachometer indication.
The motorcycle also features Bluetooth capability, which enables phone pairing to access phone calls, music, navigation via the mobile phone application. The motorcycle also features a USB Type-C smartphone charger.
The Pan America motorcycle comes with five riding modes: Rain, Road, Sport, Off-road, and one customisable riding mode. In addition to this, the Special variant of the motorcycle features two additional ride modes called the Off-road Plus and a customisable Off-road Plus mode. On the Pan America Special, the riding modes also adjust the semi-active suspension.
Other rider electronics on the motorcycle include lean-sensitive ABS, traction control, linked braking, and torque slip control. It even gets hill hold control as standard. The Pan America Special features handguards with integrated turn signals, an adjustable windscreen, a beefy aluminium skid plate, and engine crash bars.
Suspension duties on both variants are handled by a 47mm inverted fork at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear. Both units can be adjusted for compression, rebound and spring preload. Additionally, the Pan America Special features electronic adjustability and automatically lowers by 50mm when the motorcycle comes to a halt.
Braking on the motorcycle is done via 320mm dual-disc brakes with radially mounted, monoblock, 4-piston calliper at the front and a single 280mm with floating, single-piston calliper at the rear.
Both variants of the motorcycle feature a long list of genuine accessories provided by the brand. This includes hard and soft luggage options, new exhaust, tank bag, panniers, top box and more.
Thoughts About The Harley Davidson Pan America 1250 & 1250 Special Launched In India
The American old-school motorcycle manufacturer has entered the adventure-motorcycle segment in the country. The Harley Davidson Pan America 1250 motorcycle brings a level of sophistication with the help of a host of electronic aids and features.
The Pan America 1250 rivals the Triumph Tiger 900, Honda Africa Twin and the BMW R 1250 GS; and others sold in the Indian market.