- 13 min ago New Maruti Suzuki Baleno Production Started: May Get 5-Star Safety Rating
- 2 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The Yamaha Aerox 155: Design, Powertrain & More
- 4 hrs ago Tata Tiago CNG Review — Cleaner, Greener, More Efficient & Packed With Features
- 24 hrs ago Tork Kratos & Kratos R Electric Motorcycles Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.07 Lakh
- Movies One Cut Two Cut Trailer Featuring Danish Sait Is High On Comedy And Adventure!
- Finance This Breweries Stock Plunges Over 4% Despite Profit Rising YoY; Debt Free Status
- Sports BBL Final 2022 Schedule: Date, Timings, Teams, Squads, TV Channel in India, Live Streaming Info
- News SC protects Maha BJP MLA Nitesh Rane from arrest for 10 days, asks him to surrender & get bail
- Technology Motorola Frontier 22 To Launch In July; 200 MP Camera, 144 Hz P-OLED, 25W Wired Charging Tipped
- Education MP Board Admit Card 2022 Released, Here’s How To Download MPBSE Class 10, 12 Admit Card
- Lifestyle Basant Panchami 2022: Date, Shubh Muhurat, Puja Vidhi, Katha, Saraswati Vandana
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Harley Davidson has launched the Pan America 1250 and 1250 Special motorcycles in the Indian market. The Harley Davidson Pan America 1250 retails at a starting price of Rs 16.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The company has launched two variants of the Pan America motorcycle called the standard and the special. The Pan America 1250 Special retails at Rs 19.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The standard variant of the adventure motorcycle is more on-road biased. However, the special variant features a more off-road biased setup with electronically adjustable suspension, spoked wheels and more.
The Pan America 1250 features all-around LED lighting with DRLs, well-cushioned wide seats, wide and raised handlebar, 21.2-litre long-range fuel tank, a tall windscreen and an up-swept exhaust; among others.
The Pan America 1250 and 1250 Special are powered by the liquid-cooled, V-twin-cylinder 1250cc engine. It produces a maximum of 149bhp at 9000rpm and a peak torque of 127Nm at 6750rpm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed transmission along with an assist and slip clutch.
Both motorcycle also features a 6.8-inch TFT display. The instrument cluster of the motorcycle is a touchscreen unit that disables when the vehicle is in motion. The instrument cluster displays gear, odometer, fuel level, clock, trip, low temp alert, side stand down alert, TIP over alert, cruise, range and tachometer indication.
The motorcycle also features Bluetooth capability, which enables phone pairing to access phone calls, music, navigation via the mobile phone application. The motorcycle also features a USB Type-C smartphone charger.
The Pan America motorcycle comes with five riding modes: Rain, Road, Sport, Off-road, and one customisable riding mode. In addition to this, the Special variant of the motorcycle features two additional ride modes called the Off-road Plus and a customisable Off-road Plus mode. On the Pan America Special, the riding modes also adjust the semi-active suspension.
Other rider electronics on the motorcycle include lean-sensitive ABS, traction control, linked braking, and torque slip control. It even gets hill hold control as standard. The Pan America Special features handguards with integrated turn signals, an adjustable windscreen, a beefy aluminium skid plate, and engine crash bars.
Suspension duties on both variants are handled by a 47mm inverted fork at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear. Both units can be adjusted for compression, rebound and spring preload. Additionally, the Pan America Special features electronic adjustability and automatically lowers by 50mm when the motorcycle comes to a halt.
Braking on the motorcycle is done via 320mm dual-disc brakes with radially mounted, monoblock, 4-piston calliper at the front and a single 280mm with floating, single-piston calliper at the rear.
Both variants of the motorcycle feature a long list of genuine accessories provided by the brand. This includes hard and soft luggage options, new exhaust, tank bag, panniers, top box and more.
Thoughts About The Harley Davidson Pan America 1250 & 1250 Special Launched In India
The American old-school motorcycle manufacturer has entered the adventure-motorcycle segment in the country. The Harley Davidson Pan America 1250 motorcycle brings a level of sophistication with the help of a host of electronic aids and features.
The Pan America 1250 rivals the Triumph Tiger 900, Honda Africa Twin and the BMW R 1250 GS; and others sold in the Indian market.