- 1 hr ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Spied Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Women's 25M Pistol precision events on July 29; list of Indian shooters, timings, format
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- News Cloudburst in Jammu and Kashmir's Amarnath Cave; No casualty reported
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Gravton launches the Quanta electric bike in India at Rs 99,000, ex-showroom (introductory price). The Quanta electric bike comes in a single variant and can be purchased online with a booking amount set at Rs 1,000.
The company is offering the Gravton charging station free of cost to limited users.
According to the company, the Black colour is a special edition model and is available in limited numbers.
Design & Features
The electric bike features an old-school inspired design with boxy proportions. Upfront, the motorcycle features round-shaped LED headlamps with integrated DRLs. The side profile of the Quanta will remind you of the old-school Luna or even the outgoing TVS XL.
The battery pack is placed in the middle below the floorboard which will help in lowering the centre of gravity which further aids to better handling. The battery can be easily removed from the motorcycle and swapped for a fully charged unit.
- Raised handlebars
- Single-piece seat
- Rear grab rails
- Crash protectors
- LED indicators
- LED taillamp
- Saree guard
- Fully-digital instrument cluster
Range, Charging, Performance & Technology
The Quanta's electric powertrain consists of a 3KW BLDC rear-hub mounted motor paired to a 3kWh Li-ion detachable battery. This gives it a maximum riding range of 150 kilometres on a single battery charge (claimed).
The range can be extended to 320 kilometres by adding another battery. The company claims the Quanta can travel 800 kilometres in just Rs 80.
The powertrain produces a peak torque of 170Nm. The electric bike can accelerate from 0 to 45kmph in 4.2 seconds and continue to reach a top speed of 70kmph. The bike features three ride modes: Eco, City & Dirt.
The charge times for the battery pack is rated at 90 minutes using a fast charger. While using a regular charger would take 3 hours to reach from 0 to 100% charge.
The Quanta owners can pair their motorcycle to a mobile application called the 'Smart App'. This features:
- Roadside assistance
- Mapping service stations
- Remote lock/unlock
- Remote light control
- Vehicle tracking
- Remote immobilization
- Overall vehicle health
Mechanicals, Production & Warranty
The electric bike uses a Rib caged chassis to keep the centre of gravity low and is rated to haul 300kg maximum payload. Suspension duties are handled via a telescopic unit at the front and a dual-shock setup at the rear.
Braking on the motorcycle is done via a ventilated petal disc brakes at both ends. The Quanta rides on 17-inch alloy wheels shod with tubeless tyres.
The Quanta's battery pack is offered with a five-year standard warranty. Most of the components used in the electric motorcycle are made in India except the battery and the motor, which is imported from China. Currently, the company claims to have a production capacity of 2,000 units per month at its facility in Hyderabad.
Thoughts About The Gravton Quanta Electric Bike Launched In India
The rising demand for affordable and long-range electric two-wheelers in India are encouraging new brands to enter the market. The Gravton Quanta features a simple design with modern features and an impressive claimed range that is ideal for everyday use. The Quanta rivals the likes of Hero Electric Nyx.