- 7 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 12 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- Technology Amazon Gaming Gadgets Sale: Discount Offer On Gaming Devices
- Sports Euro 2020: Slovakia vs Spain: Statistical Highlights: Enrique's side notch thumping 5-0 win to enter knockouts
- News PM Modi's meeting with Jammu and Kashmir leaders: Kashmir Valley on alert | Top Developments
- Movies Aparshakti Khurana Reveals If He Is Going To Be Strict Or Cool Dad
- Finance FMCG Companies Log Sales Growth After Unlock 2.0:
- Education Lucknow University To Offer Course In Philosophical Counselling
- Lifestyle Jyeshtha Purnima 2021: Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
Taiwan-based electric scooter manufacturer, Gogoro recently announced its partnership with Hero MotoCorp in the Indian market. The Indian manufacturer is looking to enter the electric two-wheeler segment by next year in the country.
Looking at the government documents, a name and design patent for one of the Gogoro scooter has come to light recently. Called the Viva, is the brand's smart scooter and features swappable battery technology.
According to the partnership between both brand's Hero MotoCorp will only leverage the battery technology from Gogoro to introduce an indigenous product in the country. However, the company could also look at launching a few of the electric scooter Gogoro in the Indian market, probably under the new name.
Hero MotoCorp is bound by law not to launch their products under the Hero brand due to a family agreement between the company and Hero Electric. The Viva could be the first scooter that could be launched under the new brand.
Another reason for the Gogoro Viva to be patented in India could be for testing and development purpose. The company could use the electric scooter in the development of its very own indigenously built scooter in the country.
Speaking of the Gogoro Viva scooter itself, it is a plucky little scooter on paper. The dimension of the scooter reads 1680mm in length 630mm in width, 1050mm in height along with a wheelbase of 1164mm. The scooter weighs only 80 kilograms with the battery pack onboard.
The plucky design is paired with a decent powertrain. The Viva features a 3kW hub-mounted electric motor paired with the brand's swappable battery technology. This gives the scooter a maximum riding range of 85 kilometres when ridden at 30kmph. The scooter is also offered with two ride modes: Normal mode & Super Boost mode.
It also belongs to the brand's smart electric scooter range. It is offered with brand iQ System for remote and easy operation of scooter's features. The scooter also gets paired to a smartphone application available for both Android and iOS users. User can monitor the scooter's performance via the application.
Other features on the scooter include a Class-C LED headlight, a horizontal LED taillamp, and LED turn-signal indicators, optional USB mobile charging port, and an LCD for the instrument console.
The scooter is offered in two variants. The top-spec variant is offered with a keyless entry. The Gogoro Viva is also offered in a plethora of colours in its home market.
The Viva uses a steel frame with braces on the rear wheels of the scooter to support the EV layout. Suspension duties on the scooter are handled by telescopic forks at the front and dual shock-absorbers at the rear.
Braking on the scooter is done via a 180mm ventilated disc at either end supported by a Synchronized braking system. The scooter sits on 10-inch alloy wheels shod with tubeless tyres at both ends.
Thoughts About The Gogoro Viva Electric Scooter Patented In India
The Gogoro Viva features decent features and performance along with a plucky design. Whether the Viva will be the first scooter from Hero MotoCorp under the new brand remains to be seen. If launched, the Gogoro Viva will rival the Ather 450X, Bajaj Chetak, TVS iQube and the upcoming scooter from Simple Energy and Ola.