- 3 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Classic 350 India Launch: Available Without Tripper Navigation, New Colours & More
- 6 hrs ago Revolt RV300 To Be Replaced By RV1 Electric Motorcycle: Here Are All The Details
- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon: Price, Expected Specs, Features & Other Details
- 12 hrs ago Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon: Likely To Be A 6-Speed Torque Converter
- News Mirabai Chanu created history, entire nation is proud of her: Sports Minister Anurag Thakur
- Movies Bhushan Kumar's T-Series And Lahari Music Bag Music Rights Of RRR Directed By SS Rajamouli
- Sports Tokyo 2020: 'Mirabai Chanu's medal has inspired the entire nation,' says sports minister Anurag Thakur
- Technology Redmi K40 Game Enhanced Edition New Color Variant In Tow; What's New?
- Finance 2 Banking Stocks To Buy With An Upside Target of 28%
- Education TNGASA 2021: Tamil Nadu Arts And Science College Application Process Begins
- Lifestyle Princess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
IIT Delhi incubated startup, Geliose Mobility has launched a new electric scooter called the Hope. The Geliose Hope retails at a starting price of Rs 46,999, ex-showroom (Delhi). The scooter is aimed at last-mile connectivity.
According to the company, the Hope scooter features a running cost of around 20 Paisa/km. Additionally, with a limited top speed of 25kmph, the scooter does not require a driving license or registration for driving on the road.
Speaking about the powertrain of the scooter, the Hope features a 250-watt hub-mounted electric motor mated to a portable Li-ion battery. Customers can choose from two different battery capacity options.
The lower-spec powertrain setup offers a maximum riding range of 50 kilometres (claimed) on a single battery charge. On the other hand, the top-spec battery pack will offer a maximum riding range of 75 kilometres (claimed).
As mentioned before, the scooter features a portable Li-ion battery that can be charged through a normal socket. The battery can be fully charged in four hours with a nominal current using the onboard portable charger provided along with the scooter.
The scooter also comes with a pedal-assist, which can be used for an enhanced riding range. There is a special reverse mode in the vehicle for parking assistance as well.
Suspension duties are handled by telescopic units at both ends on the Hope electric scooter. Braking is done via a drum brake setup at either end. The scooter features an all-LED lighting setup along with a fully-digital instrument cluster.
The scooter features a bare-bones design with an exposed frame. The company claims that Hope is built to handle rugged usage. It can also easily manoeuvre through dense traffic. Additionally, the scooter has a revolutionary slide and rides feature that allows riders to attach different load-carrying accessories or rear seat depending upon the requirement.
The vehicle is integrated with the battery management system, and a data monitoring system developed in-house. It is IOT enabled for data analytics and fleet management applications. These state-of-the-art features place HOPE in the category of smart and connected vehicles of the future.
Hubs for charging and maintenance will be set-up by the company on frequent routes of the delivery partners. In case of emergencies, services like roadside assistance and roadside battery swapping will be provided by the company.
Mr Aditya Tiwari, Founder & CEO, Geliose Mobility said, "We are going through an era of ever-rising pollution and climate change, and there is a need for sustainable actions in all the industries, especially in automotive. With the vision of creating a sustainable mobility ecosystem, we started Geliose Mobility 3 years ago, and HOPE is our major step in this endeavour."
He further added, "With a price starting at just Rs. 46,999, Hope is the most affordable internet-connected scooter currently in the market to my knowledge. Customers can avail the Hope scooter through subscription or can buy directly. Bookings are open now for Delhi-NCR and will be available in other cities in the latter half of the year.
We are currently launching the scooter for last-mile delivery applications, and in the upcoming month's bookings for personal commute application will open."
Thoughts About The Geliose Hope Electric Moped Launched In India
The Geliose Hope is one of the most affordable e-scooter catering to the last-mile connectivity segment. The scooter is also IOT enabled, which will help in fleet management. Customers also get to choose a battery pack depending on their requirement. Kudos to the team!