- 7 hrs ago Skoda Slavia Vs Skoda Kushaq: Which One Is The Right 5-Seater Car For You?
- 21 hrs ago Tesla Manufacturing Facility In Telangana? State Minister Invites Elon Musk Through This Tweet
- 24 hrs ago Toyota Hilux Vs Isuzu V-Cross: Engine, Features & More
- 1 day ago Ather Energy To Receive Additional Investment Of Rs 420 Crore From Hero MotoCorp
- Sports Virat Kohli tends to quit when his captaincy is under threat: Sanjay Manjrekar
- Movies Mammootty Tests Positive For COVID-19; Confirms That He Is In Self Isolation
- Finance This Stock Has Given 113.75% Return In 1-Year, Buy Says Sharekhan
- News SP candidate's list starts with one in jail, ends with one on bail: Thakur
- Lifestyle Republic Day Celebrations To Begin From Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Birth Anniversary On January 23 Every Year
- Technology Amazon Republic Day Quiz Answers: Win Rs. 75,000
- Education NTPC CBT 2: Railways Shortlist 7 Lakh Candidates For NTPC Level 2 Exam After RRB NTPC Board Results
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In West Bengal In Winter Of 2022
Electric Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 revealed. UK-based Saietta Group has revealed a Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 powered by electricity. The 648cc parallel-twin engine has been replaced by a battery and an electric motor. It will also be made available as a conversion kit that can be installed in existing motorcycles.
The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 were launched towards the end of 2018 and turned things around for the brand. The two 650cc motorcycles drew many buyers to the Royal Enfield fold even from higher segments and they have performed well in terms of sales as well.
A Royal Enfield Continental GT powered by electricity is something that not many would have imagined or asked for. But electric vehicles are becoming more and more popular. There are many electric cars for one to choose from, and there are lots of electric scooters in the market as well.
Mainstream motorcycle manufacturers though, seem to be taking their own sweet time in launching electric motorcycles. Royal Enfield has in the past expressed interest in developing electric motorcycles, but there has been no news on that front for a few months now.
Saietta Group has in the past developed EV conversion kits for quite a few vehicles including a Royal Enfield Classic 350. Now, images of an electric Continental GT 650 have surfaced. It features Saietta's Axial Flux Technology electric motor.
It features a water-cooling system to ensure the battery and motor perform efficiently. Saietta claims that the motor has high torque output even at low voltage. It is compatible with a wide range of controllers, which makes it more flexible if any manufacturer decides to use the technology.
Saietta seems to be directing the technology towards manufacturers as well as existing owners. The brand has already signed a contract with Padmini VNA, which is one of the leading OEM suppliers for Hero MotoCorp, Royal Enfield, Bajaj Auto, TVS Motor Company, etc.
We might soon see the electric Continental GT 650 or Interceptor 650 on Indian roads.
Thoughts On Electric Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Being Revealed
It might take a while for Royal Enfield to launch an electric motorcycle officially. Until then though, there is the Saietta electric bike. We might soon be able to see the Saietta electric motorcycle doing the rounds on Indian roads. It looks great, but it remains to be seen how it will perform in the real world.