- 1 hr ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 6 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 24 hrs ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 1 day ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Sports Delhi’s Rohit Mor stuns Hussamuddin, clinches gold at 5th Elite Men’s National Boxing Championships
- Movies Pratik Gandhi On Why He Chose Bhavai Script
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- News Joe Biden bets on rapid COVID tests but they can be hard to find
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
- Finance Pension Alert: Dearness Relief For These CPF Beneficiaries Hiked To 356% Of Basic Ex-Gratia
Electric Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 revealed. UK-based Saietta Group has revealed a Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 powered by electricity. The 648cc parallel-twin engine has been replaced by a battery and an electric motor. It will also be made available as a conversion kit that can be installed in existing motorcycles.
The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 were launched towards the end of 2018 and turned things around for the brand. The two 650cc motorcycles drew many buyers to the Royal Enfield fold even from higher segments and they have performed well in terms of sales as well.
A Royal Enfield Continental GT powered by electricity is something that not many would have imagined or asked for. But electric vehicles are becoming more and more popular. There are many electric cars for one to choose from, and there are lots of electric scooters in the market as well.
Mainstream motorcycle manufacturers though, seem to be taking their own sweet time in launching electric motorcycles. Royal Enfield has in the past expressed interest in developing electric motorcycles, but there has been no news on that front for a few months now.
Saietta Group has in the past developed EV conversion kits for quite a few vehicles including a Royal Enfield Classic 350. Now, images of an electric Continental GT 650 have surfaced. It features Saietta's Axial Flux Technology electric motor.
It features a water-cooling system to ensure the battery and motor perform efficiently. Saietta claims that the motor has high torque output even at low voltage. It is compatible with a wide range of controllers, which makes it more flexible if any manufacturer decides to use the technology.
Saietta seems to be directing the technology towards manufacturers as well as existing owners. The brand has already signed a contract with Padmini VNA, which is one of the leading OEM suppliers for Hero MotoCorp, Royal Enfield, Bajaj Auto, TVS Motor Company, etc.
We might soon see the electric Continental GT 650 or Interceptor 650 on Indian roads.
Thoughts On Electric Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Being Revealed
It might take a while for Royal Enfield to launch an electric motorcycle officially. Until then though, there is the Saietta electric bike. We might soon be able to see the Saietta electric motorcycle doing the rounds on Indian roads. It looks great, but it remains to be seen how it will perform in the real world.