- 3 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Vs Bajaj Pulsar N160 - Which Motorcycle Should You Buy?
- 20 hrs ago Jawa 42 Bobber Launched In India - Prices Start at Rs 2.06 Lakh
- News How 5G launch in India will benefit health sector?
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Finance 5 Stocks That Suffer Steepest Fall Of Up To 86% From 52-Week High
- Sports Women's Asia Cup: India Women vs Sri Lanka Women: Award Winners, Player Of The Match, Post-Match Presentation
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Promo: Host Insults Adi Reddy Over Surya's Negligent Behaviour In Throwing Food!
- Lifestyle Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- Education 110 Specialist Officers Vacancy in Central Bank of India CBI: Eligibility, How to Apply, Selection Process
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
eBikeGo launches the Rugged electric two-wheeler at Rs 79,999, ex-showroom (starting price). The Rugged is available in two variants and can be reserved for Rs 499 on the brand's website. Deliveries of the Rugged is said to begin in November 2021.
Variants & Pricing
- Rugged G1: Rs 79,999
- Rugged G1+: Rs 99,999
- Eco mode true range (claimed): 160km
- Power mode true range (claimed): 135km
- Top speed: 75kmph
- LED headlamps
- LED taillamps
- USB charge port
- Crash guard
- Digital instrument cluster
- Single-piece seat
- Rear grab rails
- 30-litre boot space
- Front: Leading link with anti-dive
- Rear: 4-point adjustable shock absorber
- Front: Disc brake
- Rear: Disc brake
- Supported by the combined braking system
- Front: 14-inch alloys with 120/70 tubeless tyre
- Rear: 14-inch alloys with 120/70 tubeless tyre
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom and includes FAME II subsidy
The company states that the prices of the base variant G1 could get more affordable than petrol-powered scooters. This is after the government's announcement on exemption of road tax for electric two-wheelers if implemented in India.
Specs, Range & Charging
The Rugged electric bike comes powered by a 3kW hub-mounted brushless DC motor paired to a dual 1.9kWh Li-ion battery pack, which feature battery swapping technology. The battery pack is IP67 rated for water and dust resistance. Both batteries can be charged in around 4 hours time.
This gives the scooter a maximum claimed range of 160 kilometres on a single charge from both batteries. The scooter features two riding modes: Eco & Power
Technology & Features
The electric bike features 12 built-in smart sensors, which the user to monitor various parameters using the Rugged mobile application. The user can unlock the bikes and drive the electric bike. It has an anti-theft feature that ensures the safety of the driver in the case of an accident or other emergency.
The company also offered option IoT technology for B2B customers, which will help in fleet management of vehicles. This ensures the lowest possible downtime and keeps the businesses going.
Chassis, Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
eBikeGo claims that they have made the toughest electric two-wheeler in India, which has led to the name Rugged. The body of the electric moto scooter is composed of a cradle chassis and steel frame. The scooter sits 175mm above the ground, giving it a good clearance to tackle any terrain.
Wheels & Tyres
Regarding warranty, the Rugged is offered with a 7-year warranty on the chassis. However, the standard warranty is offered for 3 years/20,000kms for the vehicle, battery and charger. The company is also offering an optional extended warranty as well.
Irfan Khan, Founder & CEO of eBikeGo, said, "We are extremely happy to announce the launch of 'RUGGED,' India's most sustainable, intelligent, and sturdy electric moto-scooter, after significant study and a three-year wait. It is designed entirely for Indian roads, with 2 x 2 kWh swappable batteries and advanced sensors.
RUGGED is also India's first indigenously manufactured hub motor. We at eBikeGo are ecstatic to announce the debut of 'Rugged,' which will change the face of e-mobility in India and push the limits of innovation in the electric bike category."
Thoughts About The eBikeGo Rugged Launched In India
As the name says it, the Rugged is built to last with an exoskeleton frame. Additionally, the electric bike also offers a good range and with battery swapping technology, it makes day-to-day living easier.
The eBikeGo Rugged is an ideal option for last-mile delivery businesses, which can take advantage of the IoT tech provided by the company at an additional cost.