- 1 hr ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 4 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 9 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Movies Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2 Actor Nakuul Mehta Shares An Update About His Health, Thanks Fans For Their Wishes
- News Muslims have highest fertility rate, Jains the lowest among India's major religious groups: Pew report
- Sports With good balance of youth and experience, head coach Bozidar is confident of CFC’s chances in ISL 2021-22
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
eBikeGo launches the Rugged electric two-wheeler at Rs 79,999, ex-showroom (starting price). The Rugged is available in two variants and can be reserved for Rs 499 on the brand's website. Deliveries of the Rugged is said to begin in November 2021.
Variants & Pricing
- Rugged G1: Rs 79,999
- Rugged G1+: Rs 99,999
- Eco mode true range (claimed): 160km
- Power mode true range (claimed): 135km
- Top speed: 75kmph
- LED headlamps
- LED taillamps
- USB charge port
- Crash guard
- Digital instrument cluster
- Single-piece seat
- Rear grab rails
- 30-litre boot space
- Front: Leading link with anti-dive
- Rear: 4-point adjustable shock absorber
- Front: Disc brake
- Rear: Disc brake
- Supported by the combined braking system
- Front: 14-inch alloys with 120/70 tubeless tyre
- Rear: 14-inch alloys with 120/70 tubeless tyre
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom and includes FAME II subsidy
The company states that the prices of the base variant G1 could get more affordable than petrol-powered scooters. This is after the government's announcement on exemption of road tax for electric two-wheelers if implemented in India.
Specs, Range & Charging
The Rugged electric bike comes powered by a 3kW hub-mounted brushless DC motor paired to a dual 1.9kWh Li-ion battery pack, which feature battery swapping technology. The battery pack is IP67 rated for water and dust resistance. Both batteries can be charged in around 4 hours time.
This gives the scooter a maximum claimed range of 160 kilometres on a single charge from both batteries. The scooter features two riding modes: Eco & Power
Technology & Features
The electric bike features 12 built-in smart sensors, which the user to monitor various parameters using the Rugged mobile application. The user can unlock the bikes and drive the electric bike. It has an anti-theft feature that ensures the safety of the driver in the case of an accident or other emergency.
The company also offered option IoT technology for B2B customers, which will help in fleet management of vehicles. This ensures the lowest possible downtime and keeps the businesses going.
Chassis, Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
eBikeGo claims that they have made the toughest electric two-wheeler in India, which has led to the name Rugged. The body of the electric moto scooter is composed of a cradle chassis and steel frame. The scooter sits 175mm above the ground, giving it a good clearance to tackle any terrain.
Wheels & Tyres
Regarding warranty, the Rugged is offered with a 7-year warranty on the chassis. However, the standard warranty is offered for 3 years/20,000kms for the vehicle, battery and charger. The company is also offering an optional extended warranty as well.
Irfan Khan, Founder & CEO of eBikeGo, said, "We are extremely happy to announce the launch of ‘RUGGED,' India's most sustainable, intelligent, and sturdy electric moto-scooter, after significant study and a three-year wait. It is designed entirely for Indian roads, with 2 x 2 kWh swappable batteries and advanced sensors.
RUGGED is also India's first indigenously manufactured hub motor. We at eBikeGo are ecstatic to announce the debut of ‘Rugged,' which will change the face of e-mobility in India and push the limits of innovation in the electric bike category."
Thoughts About The eBikeGo Rugged Launched In India
As the name says it, the Rugged is built to last with an exoskeleton frame. Additionally, the electric bike also offers a good range and with battery swapping technology, it makes day-to-day living easier.
The eBikeGo Rugged is an ideal option for last-mile delivery businesses, which can take advantage of the IoT tech provided by the company at an additional cost.