- 3 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Classic 350 India Launch: Available Without Tripper Navigation, New Colours & More
- 6 hrs ago Revolt RV300 To Be Replaced By RV1 Electric Motorcycle: Here Are All The Details
- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon: Price, Expected Specs, Features & Other Details
- 12 hrs ago Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon: Likely To Be A 6-Speed Torque Converter
- Movies Bhushan Kumar's T-Series And Lahari Music Bag Music Rights Of RRR Directed By SS Rajamouli
- Sports Tokyo 2020: 'Mirabai Chanu's medal has inspired the entire nation,' says sports minister Anurag Thakur
- News Border row: Union Home Minister Amit Shah urge Chief Ministers of Mizoram, Assam to ensure peace
- Technology Redmi K40 Game Enhanced Edition New Color Variant In Tow; What's New?
- Finance 2 Banking Stocks To Buy With An Upside Target of 28%
- Education TNGASA 2021: Tamil Nadu Arts And Science College Application Process Begins
- Lifestyle Princess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
The Ducati Multistrada V4 has been recalled. Ducati has recalled several units of the recently-launched Multistrada V4 due to an issue with the valve guides in the engine. These faulty valve guides could lead to a loss of power and if unchecked, could even lead to engine failure. Ducati will replace the entire engine of the 60 units that have been affected by the recall in North America.
The Ducati Multistrada V4 is currently one of the beest ADV tourers in the market. It looks great, and rides brilliantly thanks to its advanced suspension system. It comes loaded to the brim with features and electronic wizardry. The motorcycle gets switchable riding modes, different power modes, cornering ABS, traction control, wheelie control, active cruise control, radar technology, etc.
However, the best part about the Multistrada V4 is the V4 Granturismo motor. It is currently the only ADV motorcycle to feature a V4 engine. The Ducati Multistrada V4 is powered by a liquid-cooled, 1,158cc, V4 engine with a maximum power output of 167.62bhp at 10,500rpm and a peak torque output of 125Nm at 8,750rpm.
It is one of the best engines in its segment and plasters a wide grin on the rider's face. Now though, it seems like this very engine is causing Ducati to undertake a recall. The valve guides play a major role in the functioning of an engine. Improper valve guides will wear the valves out faster and that could lead to engine failure.
Hence, Ducati has decided to replace the entire engine unit for the affected motorcycles. Ducati has two parts suppliers who produce valve guides and one of these two suppliers is said to have produced the faulty valve guides. At the moment, Ducati has recalled 60 motorcycles in North America.
However, we aren't sure at the moment how many more motorcycles across the world have been fitted with the faulty valve guide. Ducati doesn't have a factory in America, but produces motorcycles in its factory at Bologna Italy.
The brand also has an assembly plant in Brazil and in Thailand. These plants too might have used the same faulty valve guides. However, we cannot confirm the same at the moment. Ducati India is expected to launch the Multistrada V4 in the second half of the year.
Thoughts On Ducati Multistrada V4 Recall
Ducati has done a brilliant job of continuing the testing of the Multistrada V4 even after its launch. These tests have revealed the faulty valve guides. The fact that Ducati is willing to replace the entire engine stands witness to Ducati's commitment towards great customer service.