- 1 day ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 2 days ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- 2 days ago Tata Punch Vs Tata Nexon; Did Tata Accidentally Kill The Nexon?
- 3 days ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- Movies Taapsee Pannu, Preity Zinta & Other Celebs React To India's Loss To Pakistan In T20 World Cup Match
- Technology Week 43, 2021 Launch Roundup: Nokia C30, Vivo T1, OPPO K9s, iQOO Z5x, And More
- Sports 'Lucky 13': Babar Azam lords in style as India lose to Pakistan for first time in World Cup
- News NCB's Sameer Wankhede writes to Mumbai top cop, seeks protection from action on 'false charges'
- Finance Government May Present 2 Major Financial Sector Bills In Winter Session
- Lifestyle Over 104.5 Crore COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Provided To States, UTs: Centre
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
The Ducati Multistrada V4 has been recalled. Ducati has recalled several units of the recently-launched Multistrada V4 due to an issue with the valve guides in the engine. These faulty valve guides could lead to a loss of power and if unchecked, could even lead to engine failure. Ducati will replace the entire engine of the 60 units that have been affected by the recall in North America.
The Ducati Multistrada V4 is currently one of the beest ADV tourers in the market. It looks great, and rides brilliantly thanks to its advanced suspension system. It comes loaded to the brim with features and electronic wizardry. The motorcycle gets switchable riding modes, different power modes, cornering ABS, traction control, wheelie control, active cruise control, radar technology, etc.
However, the best part about the Multistrada V4 is the V4 Granturismo motor. It is currently the only ADV motorcycle to feature a V4 engine. The Ducati Multistrada V4 is powered by a liquid-cooled, 1,158cc, V4 engine with a maximum power output of 167.62bhp at 10,500rpm and a peak torque output of 125Nm at 8,750rpm.
It is one of the best engines in its segment and plasters a wide grin on the rider's face. Now though, it seems like this very engine is causing Ducati to undertake a recall. The valve guides play a major role in the functioning of an engine. Improper valve guides will wear the valves out faster and that could lead to engine failure.
Hence, Ducati has decided to replace the entire engine unit for the affected motorcycles. Ducati has two parts suppliers who produce valve guides and one of these two suppliers is said to have produced the faulty valve guides. At the moment, Ducati has recalled 60 motorcycles in North America.
However, we aren't sure at the moment how many more motorcycles across the world have been fitted with the faulty valve guide. Ducati doesn't have a factory in America, but produces motorcycles in its factory at Bologna Italy.
The brand also has an assembly plant in Brazil and in Thailand. These plants too might have used the same faulty valve guides. However, we cannot confirm the same at the moment. Ducati India is expected to launch the Multistrada V4 in the second half of the year.
Thoughts On Ducati Multistrada V4 Recall
Ducati has done a brilliant job of continuing the testing of the Multistrada V4 even after its launch. These tests have revealed the faulty valve guides. The fact that Ducati is willing to replace the entire engine stands witness to Ducati's commitment towards great customer service.