- 17 min ago Ducati Streetfighter V4 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Set To Arrive In The Coming Weeks
- 1 hr ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- Movies Amruta Khanvilkar On 3 Years Of Raazi: Watching Alia Bhatt Perform As Sehmat Was An Absolute Treat
- Education AEEE Result 2021 Declared For Phase 1, Check Results At amrita.edu
- Sports We benefited from video analysis during successful tours of Europe and Argentina: Rohidas
- Technology Is Amazon Delivering Products During Lockdown In India? Can You Place Regular Orders?
- News Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has become family doctor: Shiv Sena's 'Saamana'
- Finance Top 10 Banks Giving Higher Returns On 5-Year Tax Saving Fixed Deposits
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Sparkles In A Sequin Multicolour Pantsuit And Looks Oh-So-Sizzling In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The 2021 Dakar Rally is underway with scrutineering of vehicles and administrative checks of the participants getting completed on January 1, 2021. The participants have completed the Prologue stage on January 2, 2021. The results of the Prolouge Stage will decide the start position for the Stage 1 of the 2021 Dakar Rally.
The short Prologue stage started from Jeddah and ended in Jeddah, which will be the start point for Stage 1 of the 2021 Dakar Rally on January 03. The Prologue route covered a total of 129 kilometres along with a special stage of 11 kilometres. According to the organizers, the Prologue stage will help set the tone for participants and teams for the upcoming racing season.
After the short Prologue stage, the 2020 Dakar Rally winner riding for Honda, Ricky Brabec has finished first among 101 riders competing in the bike category. The podium places are completed by Joan Barreda in a close 2nd and Daniel Sanders on the 3rd place. The top-three riders are split by 13 seconds at the end of the Prologue stage.
Our country's Ace rally rider C.S. Santosh has topped the Indian rider classification by securing 35th position. C.S. Santosh is in his seventh Dakar outing and continues to ride for the Hero MotoSport.
Other Hero MotoSport riders, Sebastian Buhler and Joaquim Rodrigues have finished the preliminary stage of the 2021 Dakar Rally in 5th and 10th position overall, respectively. The Indian manufacturer is on a good start with two riders completing the top 10 riders line-up.
Harith Noah who is participating in the Dakar Rally for the second time has finished the Prologue stage in 43rd position. He continues his participation with the Sherco Factory Rally Team sponsored by TVS. Lorenzo Santolin and Rui Goncalves who are also riding for the Sherco Rally team has finished in 16th and 20th position overall, respectively.
Indian debutant, Ashish Raorane who is competing as a privateer under the Malle Moto class has finished the Prologue stage in 74th position overall. Ashish is using a KTM 450 Rally Replica motorcycle to compete in the ‘Original by Motul' category.
Hero MotoSport Rally Team Standings
5th Position - Sebastian Buhler [00:06:17]
10th Position - Joaquim Rodrigues [00:06:24]
35th Position - C S Santosh [00:07:06]
16th Position - Lorenzo Santolin [00:06:32]
20th Position - Rui Goncalves [00:06:36]
43rd Position - Harith Noah [00:07:20]
74th Position - Ashish Rorane [00:09:06]
1st Position - Ricky Brabec [00:06:01] (Monster Energy Honda Team 2021)
2nd Position - Joan Barreda [00:06:07] (Monster Energy Honda Team 2021)
3rd Position - Daniel Sanders [00:06:14] (KTM Factory Team)
Thoughts About The Dakar Rally 2021 Scrutineering & Prologue Stage Results
The 2021 Dakar Rally is underway with the end of the Prologue Stage. After the short stage, Monster Energy Honda rally team have two of its riders in the top-three spot. Indian riders have successfully completed the short stage and are all set to start the actual rally race tomorrow. Stay tuned for a complete race report after each Stage of the 2021 Dakar Rally.