- 18 hrs ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- 23 hrs ago TVS Gearing Up For The Launch Of A New Scooter On October 7th; Rumours Point Towards Jupiter 125
- 1 day ago Pravaig Extinction MK2 India Launch First Phase In 2022: To Be Introduced As Fleet Service Initially
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Achieves 10000 Unit EV Sales Milestone; Dominates The EV Segment With 70% Market Share
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 5: Lahari Shari To Enter Secret Room After Exit From The House?
- News New ministers inducted into Punjab cabinet take oath
- Sports Stimac names list of 23 for the SAFF Championship
- Finance IPO: 30 Companies May Float Public Issues In Oct-Nov to Raise Rs 45,000 cr
- Lifestyle Awareness Talk On The Occasion Of Gynaecological Cancer Awareness Month
- Technology Week 39, 2021 Launch Roundup: Realme Narzo 50i, HUAWEI Nova 9 Pro, iQOO Z5, Realme GT Neo2, And More
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
The (FMSCI) Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India has provided an update on the condition CS Santosh. The Indian Ace rally rider has arrived in India via an air ambulance. He has also been brought out from the induced coma. However, he continues to receive treatment in the Critical Care Unit.
CS Santosh was competing in his seventh Dakar Rally riding for Hero MotoSport. He suffered a crash in Stage 4 of the 2021 Dakar Rally. Santosh sustained head injuries during his crash but was found to be conscious.
The organizers of the race air-lifted him to to the nearest hospital. The doctors decided to keep Santosh in an induced coma for better recover from sustained head injuries. Ahead of arriving in India, he was airlifted from the local hospital to another hospital in Riyadh.
The Hero MotoSports Team quickly announced a press release updating on the condition of their team member. It stated that CS Santosh has not sustained any major physical injuries except for the dislocated right shoulder and head trauma.
However, the Indian rally rider is now back in our homeland to begin his recovery process. The statement from FMSCI said, "CS Santosh was transferred by Air Ambulance from Riyadh to Bengaluru on Thursday. He has been brought out of induced coma successfully. He will continue go to be in CCU and receive treatment."
The statement issued earlier by Hero MotoSports Rally team also stated that other participants had stopped to help CS Santosh at the crash site. They helped him with the first-aid procedures, which is now mandatory to learn for every participant competing in the rally.
CS Santosh started the 2021 Dakar Rally stage by finishing in 35th position in the Prologue stage. On the first stage of 2021 Dakar Rally, he was placed in 43rd position overall. However, in Stage 2 of the rally, he improved his position massively and finished in 36th place. At Stage 3, the Indian again secured the 36th position, which also helped him improve his overall rankings.
Thoughts About The CS Santosh's Medical Condition
We are happy to have CS Santosh back in the country for further treatment. CS Santosh is a strong and fit athlete and we wish him a speedy recovery. We hope to see him back on the motorcycle and kick some dust. Get well soon champ!