- 2 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 8 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 23 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Sports Jos Buttler picks Rohit Sharma, MS Dhoni, Ravindra Jadeja in his all-time IPL XI; ignores Gayle, Warner, Raina
- Finance Will Interest Rates On PPF, NSC, Post Office Deposits Be Cut On July 1?
- News Cyclone Tauktae: BMC suspends Covid vaccine drive in Mumbai on Monday too
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Movies Rakhi Sawant Opens Up About Getting Attached To Abhinav Shukla On Bigg Boss 14: He Was Perfect In Every Way
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
BMW Motorrad has announced the launch of the new R18 Classic cruiser motorcycle in the Indian market. The new BMW R18 Classic cruiser motorcycle is priced at Rs 24 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The new R18 Classic cruiser is now the second member in the brand's Heritage range, which also includes the standard R18 model, introduced in India last year. The new R18 Classic cruiser motorcycle is now available for bookings at all BMW Motorrad showrooms across the country. The cruiser will be imported to India via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route, with deliveries for the same said to begin shortly.
The new BMW R18 Classic is a more tourer-oriented version of the cruiser motorcycle. It comes with a number of additional features and components, over and above that on the standard model. This includes a tall windscreen and a set of matching saddlebags.
The design of the BMW R18 Classic is reminiscent of the old-school motorcycles, which comes combined with all the new-age features and technologies. The R18 Classic comes with a tear-drop shaped fuel tank, circular-shaped instrument cluster, exposed driveshaft, double-cradle frame and more.
BMW combines these heritage design elements with modern features such as state-of-the-art LED headlamps, sickle-shaped LED DRLs, LED taillights and an integrated digital display on the instrument cluster.
Apart from the design elements, the BMW R18 Classic comes packed with a host of electronic rider aids and safety equipment as well. This includes aids such as three riding modes (Rain, Roll & Rock), disengageable traction control, automatic stability control, dynamic engine brake control, keyless ride, hill-start control and electronic cruiser control; among others.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said,
"BMW Motorrad made a striking entry into the cruiser segment with the BMW R 18. Building on the success and popularity of BMW's first cruiser in India, we now present the BMW R 18 Classic with a reimagined, even more iconic character. The eye-catching styling of the BMW R 18 Classic adds on to the riding experience and evokes the emotions of a bygone era."
"While the design calls on the historic roots, the state-of-the-art technology and riding dynamics provide the most authentic, unparalleled experience one can enjoy on two wheels. This motorcycle will have an enormous appeal for motorcyclists who live for unforgettable cruising moments."
The new BMW R18 Classic continues to be powered by the same 1,802cc two-cylinder air/oil-cooled boxer engine — the most powerful boxer engine in series production by BMW. The engine produces 91bhp at 4750rpm and 158Nm of torque at 3000rpm, paired with a six-speed gearbox.
Thoughts On The BMW R18 Classic Cruiser Motorcycle In India
The BMW R18 Classic is the newest flagship model in the brand's Heritage range. The new R18 Classic motorcycle rivals the likes of the Indian Motorcycle and Harley-Davidson motorcycle range in the Indian market.