- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 17 hrs ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- 20 hrs ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- 1 day ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- Finance SBI Again Warns On Cybercrime: 6 Steps Bank Suggests To Avoid Cybercrime
- Movies Will Keep Sushant Singh Rajput Death Issue Alive, Says His Friend Aneesha Madhok Exclusive
- Technology Flipkart And Amazon OnePlus Community Sale 2021: Discounts On Oneplus Smartphones, Accessories, And More
- News Bihar STET candidate’s admit card with Malayalam actress photograph goes viral
- Sports Ishant Sharma gets stitches on his right hand
- Education IIT Delhi Introduces New Postgraduate Programme ‘Master of Public Policy’
- Lifestyle 6 Reasons Why Cheating On Your Partner Is A Big NO!
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
BMW Motorrad has announced that the company has registered 2,563 units of sales during the calendar year of 2020. The company registered an unconventional growth of 6.7 per cent, overcoming difficult market conditions in the country, especially for the two-wheeler industry.
The company also stated that during the last quarter of 2020 (October - December), BMW Motorrad registered a 51 per cent growth compared to its sales during the same period in 2019. The brand stated that the majority of the sales in 2020 were led by the updated BS6-compliant G 310 R and G 310 GS models.
The G 310 twins accounted for 80 per cent of the total sales volume for BMW Motorrad in India in 2020. Apart from the two entry-level models, other offerings such as the BMW S 1000 RR, R 1250 GS/GSA and the F 750/850 GS also proved to be favourites among motorcycle enthusiasts.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said,
"In a particularly tough year, BMW Motorrad once again delivered a stellar performance against all odds and became the number one selling premium motorcycle brand. This hard-earned success came on the back of carefully planned launches, a visionary strategy and most importantly - our relentless focus on what our customers desire."
"The winning combination of our superior products with outstanding aftersales and attractive financial solutions is the centrepiece of this success. Our aim is to continuously grow the BMW Motorrad community and culture here in India and we will keep delivering on that promise."
Apart from the above-mentioned models, BMW Motorrad also introduced a number of new motorcycle offerings in the Indian market. This includes the F 900 R, F 900 XR, S 1000 XR and the R 18 cruiser. BMW also introduced flexible finance solutions for its customers, which also helped play a big part in the brand's sales performance in 2020.
Thoughts On The BMW Motorrad Sales In India In 2020
BMW Motorrad has had a stellar year in terms of sales in 2020. The brand's BS6-compliant G 310 twins instantly received a good response, thanks to the reduced prices and the improved features, boosting sales in the country, especially during the last quarter.