- 35 min ago Aprilia RS 660 & Tuono 660 Bookings Open In India Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Triumph Trident 660 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Piaggio Ape Electric E-Xtra FX & E-City FX Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago RNAIPL Factory Visit: An Inside Look At The Production Process Of The Nissan Magnite SUV
- Finance Nureca Makes Stellar Market Debut, Lists At Over 50% Premium
- Sports India vs England, 3rd Test: Zak Crawley: Visitors frustrated seeing third umpire call going against them
- News Coronavirus cases: India reports 16,738 new COVID-19 cases, 138 deaths in last 24 hours
- Movies Nithiin Reddy Talks About His Dream To Share Screen Space With Pawan Kalyan And Vakeel Saab’s Release
- Technology Amazon Quiz Answers For February 25, 2021: Your Chance To Win Sony DSLR Camera
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Sanya Malhotra: Her Top 3 Stunning Fashion Moments Decoded
- Education ICSI CS Professional And Executive Result 2021 Today
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In March
Benelli India has introduced the 2021 Leoncino 500 in the Indian market. The new (2021) Benelli Leoncino 500 is offered with a starting price of Rs 4.60 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi); which is Rs 20,000 lower than its previous 2019-iteration.
The 2021 Benelli Leoncino 500 is now compliant with the latest BS6 emission norms in India. The Leoncino 500 joins the TRK 502 and Imperiale 400 as the third BS6-compliant model from the Italian brand in India. Benelli has stated that they will introduce a number of other BS6 models in 2021 along with their partners — Adishwar Auto Ride India (Mahavir Group).
Bookings for the new (2021) Benelli Leoncino 500 can now be made either online or via the nearest dealerships. Customers can book the Leoncino 500 for Rs 10,000, with deliveries for the same expected to begin very soon.
The 2021 Benelli Leoncino 500 carries forward the same design and styling as its predecessor. This includes the LED headlamps, sculpted fuel tank, LED taillights and the ‘Lion of Pesaro' ornament on the front fender.
Powering the 2021 Benelli Leoncino is a DOHC 500cc twin-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 46bhp at 8500rpm and 46Nm of peak torque at 6000rpm, paired with a six-speed gearbox.
The motorcycle comes with thick 50mm inverted forks at the front and a mono-shock unit at the rear, with rebound and preload adjustability. Braking on the motorcycle is via 320mm and 260mm disc at the front and rear, respectively; supported by dual-channel switchable ABS.
The 2021 Benelli Leoncino 500 rides on 17-inch alloy wheels at both ends with 120/70 front and 160/60 rear tyre profiles.
The 2021 Benelli Leoncino 500 is also offered in a range of two colour options: Steel Silver & Leoncino Red.
Commenting on the launch, Vikas Jhabakh, Managing Director, Benelli India, said,
"The Leoncino 500 has been very special to us at Benelli as it combines tradition and passion with contemporary design, innovation and performance. The Leoncino 500 is a tribute to the original model, which is a legend of Italian motorcycling that largely contributed to the history of the brand."
He further added, "We are happy to bring back the Leoncino 500 in its BS6 avatar. I am also glad to share that there has been no drop in power and torque figures of the Leoncino 500, in its transition to BS6 compliance. Hence, I am confident that it will continue to deliver the same excitement and rush that was delivered by the BS4 offering on sale earlier."
Thoughts On The 2021 Benelli Leoncino 500 India Launch
The 2021 Benelli Leoncino 500 is the latest addition to the Italian brand's BS6-compliant lineup in the Indian market. Benelli has been struggling in India in terms of sales volume, however, with the BS6 updates, they will be hoping to improve in the coming months.