- 2 hrs ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 3 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 4 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- News Covid Vaccine: Serum to raise monthly production to 10 crore doses by Aug, Bharat Biotech promises 7.8 crore
- Movies After Rajev Paul, Sasural Simar Ka 2’s Vibha Bhagat Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Sports Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma's COVID fund-raising campaign gathers steam, nearly Rs 11 crore raised
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
Bajaj Group has announced a new set of Covid-19 relief details in the country. The company has announced a total of Rs 200 crores to help fight the second wave of Covid-19 virus spread in the country.
The company will be using these funds to curb the current challenges involved in containing the spread of the Covid-19 virus. The second wave of the Covid-19 virus is spreading at a rapid pace in the country.
The second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic has caused a serious shortage of medical oxygen to treat the affected patients. Most companies in the country have halted the production of their products and shifted to the production to manufacture medical oxygen.
Rahul Bajaj, Chairman Emeritus, Bajaj Auto, said, "Recently, the Group has aided in the procurement of 12 Oxygen plants to provide more than 5,000 LPM of oxygen supply to rural and urban hospitals, along with respiratory support equipment like oxygen concentrators, ventilators and BiPaps to help augment their capacity in treating COVID-19 patients.
This contribution is in addition to Rs. 100 Crore donated by the Bajaj Group, last year, to support the COVID-19 response in India. Working with the Government, local administration and our network of over 200+ NGO partners, we have supported various projects to ensure that desired help and support was extended to those who needed the most including immediate food relief to stranded migrants; up-gradation of urban and rural healthcare facilities; provision of key healthcare devices; and livelihood support for returned migrants."
He further added, "In addition to our ongoing efforts, we will work with local authorities and NGO partners to further upgrade the rural, peri-urban and urban healthcare facilities; enhance the availability of oxygen and critical medical supplies for COVID-19 treatment and raise awareness around COVID-19 appropriate behaviour as well as support the vaccination drive for the most vulnerable sections of the society.
We wish to extend our deepest gratitude to all healthcare, sanitation & emergency support staff and local administrations for their dedicated and tireless effort to contain the spread, amidst adversity. As the nation grapples with this second wave of the pandemic, we as a group, continue to remain steadfast in our commitment towards extending all our support and care in helping the affected communities at large to tide through these unprecedented times."
Thoughts About The Bajaj Group Pledging Rs 200 Crores To Help Fight Against Covid-19 Pandemic
Bajaj Auto joins the long list of auto manufacturers announcing relief measures to curb the second wave of the spread of the Covid-19 virus in the country. The company aims to help in various aspects by distributing the amount wherever necessary.