- 19 hrs ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- 24 hrs ago TVS Gearing Up For The Launch Of A New Scooter On October 7th; Rumours Point Towards Jupiter 125
- 1 day ago Pravaig Extinction MK2 India Launch First Phase In 2022: To Be Introduced As Fleet Service Initially
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Achieves 10000 Unit EV Sales Milestone; Dominates The EV Segment With 70% Market Share
- Finance 8 Countries Where Rupee Is Stronger
- News Do not confuse border dispute with boundary question, India tells China
- Sports Badminton: India lose 1-4 to Thailand in Sudirman Cup
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 5: Lahari Shari To Enter Secret Room After Exit From The House?
- Lifestyle Awareness Talk On The Occasion Of Gynaecological Cancer Awareness Month
- Technology Week 39, 2021 Launch Roundup: Realme Narzo 50i, HUAWEI Nova 9 Pro, iQOO Z5, Realme GT Neo2, And More
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
Bajaj Group has announced a new set of Covid-19 relief details in the country. The company has announced a total of Rs 200 crores to help fight the second wave of Covid-19 virus spread in the country.
The company will be using these funds to curb the current challenges involved in containing the spread of the Covid-19 virus. The second wave of the Covid-19 virus is spreading at a rapid pace in the country.
The second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic has caused a serious shortage of medical oxygen to treat the affected patients. Most companies in the country have halted the production of their products and shifted to the production to manufacture medical oxygen.
Rahul Bajaj, Chairman Emeritus, Bajaj Auto, said, "Recently, the Group has aided in the procurement of 12 Oxygen plants to provide more than 5,000 LPM of oxygen supply to rural and urban hospitals, along with respiratory support equipment like oxygen concentrators, ventilators and BiPaps to help augment their capacity in treating COVID-19 patients.
This contribution is in addition to Rs. 100 Crore donated by the Bajaj Group, last year, to support the COVID-19 response in India. Working with the Government, local administration and our network of over 200+ NGO partners, we have supported various projects to ensure that desired help and support was extended to those who needed the most including immediate food relief to stranded migrants; up-gradation of urban and rural healthcare facilities; provision of key healthcare devices; and livelihood support for returned migrants."
He further added, "In addition to our ongoing efforts, we will work with local authorities and NGO partners to further upgrade the rural, peri-urban and urban healthcare facilities; enhance the availability of oxygen and critical medical supplies for COVID-19 treatment and raise awareness around COVID-19 appropriate behaviour as well as support the vaccination drive for the most vulnerable sections of the society.
We wish to extend our deepest gratitude to all healthcare, sanitation & emergency support staff and local administrations for their dedicated and tireless effort to contain the spread, amidst adversity. As the nation grapples with this second wave of the pandemic, we as a group, continue to remain steadfast in our commitment towards extending all our support and care in helping the affected communities at large to tide through these unprecedented times."
Thoughts About The Bajaj Group Pledging Rs 200 Crores To Help Fight Against Covid-19 Pandemic
Bajaj Auto joins the long list of auto manufacturers announcing relief measures to curb the second wave of the spread of the Covid-19 virus in the country. The company aims to help in various aspects by distributing the amount wherever necessary.