- 1 hr ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 16 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 18 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 22 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- News RBI decision to allow NBFCs apply for Aadhaar-e-KYC Authentication Licence to promote digitisation
- Sports IPL 2021: Gill, Rana are about to shock the world, says KKR chief mentor Hussey
- Lifestyle Ananya Panday Is Here To Set The Gram On Fire Yet Again With Her Brown Bralette
- Technology Week 38, 2021 Launch Roundup: Apple iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 Mini, Realme C25Y, And More
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Bajaj Auto has increased the prices of its first electric scooter, the Chetak EV. The company has increased the price of both variants of the electric scooter. The Bajaj Chetak EV now retails at a starting price of Rs 1.42 lakh, ex-showroom (Bangalore).
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is offered in two variants: Urbane and Premium. The electric scooter was first launched with a price tag of Rs 1 lakh and Rs 1.15 lakh, respectively. The scooter then received a price hike in March 2021. The Urbane variant prices were increased by Rs 15,000 and the Premium variant by Rs 5,000.
According to our sources, the company has yet again increased the prices of the Chetak EV. After the latest price hike, the Urbane variant now costs Rs 1.42 lakh. While the top-spec Premium variant costs Rs 1.44 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Bangalore). This makes the electric scooter variants Rs 27,000 and Rs 24,000 more expensive, respectively.
Bajaj is currently selling the Chetak EV in Pune and Banglore markets. There is a strong demand for electric scooter in both cities. The company had recently opened booking for the scooter in Pune and Bangalore.
However, our sources also informed us that the bookings are closed again in both cities. The electric scooters are being sold exclusively across all KTM dealerships in both cities.
Speaking about the scooter itself, the Chetak electric consists of a 4kW electric motor coupled to a 3kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain produces a peak torque of 16Nm and offers a maximum riding range of 95km on a single charge.
The electric scooter also comes equipped with fast-charging technology. The company claims that the scooter will have enough juice to travel 25kms with an hour of charge.
Some of the features of the Chetak EV include round-shaped LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, LED taillights and turn indicators, digital instrument cluster, feather-touch activated switches, and chrome surrounds for the headlamps; among others.
Suspension on the scooter is handled by a single side tubular suspension at the front, and a mono-shock set up at the rear. Braking on the electric scooter is done via a disc brake at the front and a drum brake at the rear.
Thoughts About The Bajaj Chetak EV Prices Increase & Bookings In India
The Bajaj Chetak EV prices have increased substantially as compared to its launch price. The scooter now comes close to the pricing of the Ather 450 X and way past the price of the TVS iQube. Whether the electric scooter will receive the same response the next time bookings are open remains to be seen.