- 24 min ago TVS Apache RTR 160 4V & RTR 200 4V Prices Hiked Again This Year: Here Are The New Prices!
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Sells Most Number Of Factory-Fitted CNG Cars: 1.57 Lakh Cars Sold In FY20-21
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 14 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- Finance How Will PPF Help You In Building Rs 1 Crore With Your Spouse?
- Technology Amazon Prime Music Podcasts Platform Launched In India
- Movies Mandira Bedi Says Her Claws Will Come Out If Trolls Attack Her Children; 'My Blood Boils At The Mere Thought'
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit Nene Looks Splendid In A Pink Metallic Lehenga And It’s Price Can Afford You A Foreign Trip!
- News List of states that have cancelled, postponed Class 10, 12 board exams
- Sports AFC Champions League 2021: Gritty FC Goa hold formidable Al Rayyan
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
Bajaj Auto has hiked the prices of its electric scooter offering, the Chetak. The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter continues to be offered in two variants: Urbane & Premium, which are now priced at Rs 1.15 lakh and Rs 1.20 lakh, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
This translates to a price hike of Rs 15,000 for the base variant and Rs 5,000 for the range-topping ‘Premium' model. The scooter is currently on sale only in Pune and Bengaluru, with Bajaj expected to expand its sales to other cities across India very soon. Bajaj Auto is said to be currently facing some issues, which has led to the suspension of its bookings in both cities.
Apart from the substantial price hike, no other changes have been made to the Bajaj Chetak electric. The electric scooter continues to feature the same features and equipment as before. This includes LED lighting all around, a fully-digital instrument cluster with Bluetooth connectivity, large seats and plenty more.
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is powered by a 4kW electric motor paired with a 3kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain on the Chetak produces 16Nm of peak torque and offers a maximum range of 95km on a single charge. The Bajaj Chetak electric is offered with both standard and fast-charging technologies, allowing a full charge in 5 hours.
The suspension on the Chetak electric is via a single-side tubular setup at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear. Braking is handled by a single disc at the front and a drum brake at the back. The scooter also comes with 12-inch alloy wheels with 90/90 and 90/120 tyre profiles at the front and rear, respectively.
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter continues to rival the likes of the Ather 450X and the TVS iQube in the Indian market. The Bajaj Chetak will also take on the upcoming Ola electric scooter, scheduled to go on sale in the coming months.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Price Hike
The Bajaj Chetak scooter is the brand's first fully-electric offering in the Indian market. The scooter was launched last year and has been received well in the Indian market.