- 26 min ago Mahindra Thar Adorned With Amitabh Bachchan Dialogues Grabs The Attention Of Mahindra Chairman
- 5 hrs ago Ola Hypercharger Launched: Test Rides For Ola Electric Scooters Will Commence From November 10
- 2 days ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 2 days ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- Technology iQOO 8, iQOO 8 Legend India Launch Imminent; What All To Expect?
- News Coimbatore: KMCH opens 750-bed Medical College General Hospital
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Virender Sehwag comes out in support of Mohammad Shami following online attack on pacer
- Travel Top Ten Winter Destinations In Odisha
- Finance PhonePe Starts Charging Transaction Fees on Mobile Recharge
- Movies Aryan Khan Drugs Case: Ananya Panday Fails To Appear Before NCB
- Education ICAR AIEEA 2021 Score Card Released, Here’s How To Check ICAR AIEEA UG, PG, PhD Scores Provisional Here
- Lifestyle Karwa Chauth 2021: Mira Rajput Kapoor, Yami Gautam Dhar, And Sonali Bendre Wow Us With Their Looks
Bajaj Auto has hiked the prices of its electric scooter offering, the Chetak. The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter continues to be offered in two variants: Urbane & Premium, which are now priced at Rs 1.15 lakh and Rs 1.20 lakh, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
This translates to a price hike of Rs 15,000 for the base variant and Rs 5,000 for the range-topping ‘Premium' model. The scooter is currently on sale only in Pune and Bengaluru, with Bajaj expected to expand its sales to other cities across India very soon. Bajaj Auto is said to be currently facing some issues, which has led to the suspension of its bookings in both cities.
Apart from the substantial price hike, no other changes have been made to the Bajaj Chetak electric. The electric scooter continues to feature the same features and equipment as before. This includes LED lighting all around, a fully-digital instrument cluster with Bluetooth connectivity, large seats and plenty more.
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is powered by a 4kW electric motor paired with a 3kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain on the Chetak produces 16Nm of peak torque and offers a maximum range of 95km on a single charge. The Bajaj Chetak electric is offered with both standard and fast-charging technologies, allowing a full charge in 5 hours.
The suspension on the Chetak electric is via a single-side tubular setup at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear. Braking is handled by a single disc at the front and a drum brake at the back. The scooter also comes with 12-inch alloy wheels with 90/90 and 90/120 tyre profiles at the front and rear, respectively.
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter continues to rival the likes of the Ather 450X and the TVS iQube in the Indian market. The Bajaj Chetak will also take on the upcoming Ola electric scooter, scheduled to go on sale in the coming months.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Price Hike
The Bajaj Chetak scooter is the brand's first fully-electric offering in the Indian market. The scooter was launched last year and has been received well in the Indian market.