- 1 day ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Discount Offer On Top Trending Smartphones
- Movies Veteran Actress Savita Bajaj, Who Was In Dire Need Of Financial Help, Gets Discharged From Hospital
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Suryakumar Yadav star in India's 38-run win over Sri Lanka
- News PM Modi cleared roadblocks to NE peace, development: Amit Shah
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Bajaj Auto has hiked the prices of its electric scooter offering, the Chetak. The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter continues to be offered in two variants: Urbane & Premium, which are now priced at Rs 1.15 lakh and Rs 1.20 lakh, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
This translates to a price hike of Rs 15,000 for the base variant and Rs 5,000 for the range-topping ‘Premium' model. The scooter is currently on sale only in Pune and Bengaluru, with Bajaj expected to expand its sales to other cities across India very soon. Bajaj Auto is said to be currently facing some issues, which has led to the suspension of its bookings in both cities.
Apart from the substantial price hike, no other changes have been made to the Bajaj Chetak electric. The electric scooter continues to feature the same features and equipment as before. This includes LED lighting all around, a fully-digital instrument cluster with Bluetooth connectivity, large seats and plenty more.
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is powered by a 4kW electric motor paired with a 3kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain on the Chetak produces 16Nm of peak torque and offers a maximum range of 95km on a single charge. The Bajaj Chetak electric is offered with both standard and fast-charging technologies, allowing a full charge in 5 hours.
The suspension on the Chetak electric is via a single-side tubular setup at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear. Braking is handled by a single disc at the front and a drum brake at the back. The scooter also comes with 12-inch alloy wheels with 90/90 and 90/120 tyre profiles at the front and rear, respectively.
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter continues to rival the likes of the Ather 450X and the TVS iQube in the Indian market. The Bajaj Chetak will also take on the upcoming Ola electric scooter, scheduled to go on sale in the coming months.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Price Hike
The Bajaj Chetak scooter is the brand's first fully-electric offering in the Indian market. The scooter was launched last year and has been received well in the Indian market.