- 7 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 9 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 9 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 9 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Technology Week 19, 2021 Launch Roundup: HONOR MagicBook X 14, HONOR Pad X7, OPPO K9 5G, Vivo Y52s And More
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Bajaj increased the prices of Both the Avenger 160 Street and the Avenger 220 Cruise last year in December. However, the company has once again increased the prices of the Avenger models. This price hike has been made within 30 days of the previous hike. Here are the new prices for the Avenger models.
The Bajaj Avenger Street 160 receives a price hike of Rs 1,498. After the latest price increase, the brand entry-level cruiser motorcycle, the Avenger Street 160 prices now retails at Rs 1,02,592 (ex-showroom, Delhi). On the other hand, its elder sibling the Avenger Cruise 220 has now received a price hike of Rs 2,004 and now retails at Rs 1,24,634 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The company has not added any new features to the motorcycle and both the Avenger models remain the same esthetically as well as mechanically. Bajaj auto has not yet given an official statement regarding the continuous price increase on its cruiser motorcycle range in India. However, we expect the reason behind the price increase to be due to the increase in the cost of production.
Mechanically, the Avenger Cruise motorcycle is powered by an air/oil-cooled 220cc engine. It produces 19bhp of power at 8500rpm and a peak torque of 17.5Nm. The engine is mated to a five-speed gearbox. On the other hand, the Avenger Street 160 cruiser motorcycle is powered by an air-cooled 160cc engine. It produces 15bhp of power at 8500rpm and a peak torque of 13.7Nm and comes paired to a five-speed gearbox.
Suspension duties on the Avenger motorcycles are handled by a telescopic fork at the front and twin-shock absorbers at the rear. Braking is done via disc brake at the front, and drum brake setup at the rear, supported by single-channel ABS on both motorcycles. However, the Avenger Cruise 220 features a tall windscreen, raised-handlebars, well-cushioned seats, and a host of trim pieces finished in chrome including the exhaust.
Thoughts About The Price Hike Of The Bajaj Avenger 160 And The Avenger 220
Bajaj Auto has increased the prices of its cruiser motorcycle for the second time within a month. As we mentioned earlier also, there is no official statement from Bajaj about the continuous increase in the price of its models.