- 9 hrs ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 10 hrs ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- News PM Modi committed to honouring real heroes: Amit Shah on Padma awards
- Movies Bro Daddy Twitter Review: Did Mohanlal-Prithviraj Sukumaran's Film Impress The Audience?
- Finance Union Budget 2022-23: Here's What The Insurance Industry Expects
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Super-sub Irshad earns NorthEast United FC draw against Mumbai City FC
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Technology Oppo Reno7 5G India Pricing Tipped Ahead Of February 4 Launch
- Lifestyle Know About Tongue Thrust In Newborns And Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Bangalore-based electric scooter manufacturer Ather Energy has commissioned a second manufacturing facility in Hosur as it looks to meet the increasing demand for its two electric scooters - the 450X and the 450 Plus.
Ather Energy opened its first production facility in Hosur, Tamil Nadu, earlier this year. The current facility can produce 120,000 units per year. With the new facility, Ather Energy will expand its production levels to 400,000 units per year, which is more than triple its current levels.
The new production facility will start producing new Ather Energy scooters in 2022. Ather Energy will also use the new facility to focus on the manufacturing of its lithium-ion battery packs.
With the new production facility up and running, Ather Energy claims that it will be the nation's largest manufacturer of electric vehicles. To fuel this expansion to meet increasing demand, Ather Energy plans to invest Rs 650 crores in the next five years to enhance operational efficiency and production capacity.
Speaking about his company's plans to ramp up production levels, Tarun Mehta, Co-Founder & CEO, Ather Energy stated, "The EV demand has been shooting up across the country, and customers are coming in expecting electric scooters to wow them. This customer expectation is why our 450 series of electric scooters - the 450X and 450 Plus is seeing massive demand as it is the best electric scooter in the country today. Our experience centres are scaling up rapidly, and our retail footprint is set to grow by six times in the coming quarters. So, within just ten months of opening our current facility, we find ourselves already operating at full capacity. We are commissioning the second plant to be ready for 2022. With this capacity expansion, Ather is well on its way to becoming the country's largest EV producer by next year."
Ather Energy has seen a rapid increase in demand for its 450 series of electric scooters. The company has seen sales numbers increase by 20 per cent month on month since November 2020. In October 2021, Ather Energy saw a 12 fold year over year growth compared to the same period in 2020. The company also saw its retail revenue run rate cross the $100 million mark, making it the largest EV manufacturer in the segment in terms of market value.
Ather Energy claims to have recorded a 3X increase in walk-ins, web inquiries, and test rides from April-October 2021 and a 4X growth in vehicle booking in the period. The company has been rapidly expanding its dealership network across the country. Ather Energy plans to open 150 experience centres (dealerships) in 100 cities across India by 2023.
Ather Energy currently produces 2 electric scooters — 450X and 450 Plus. The Ather 450X is the more powerful of the two scooters and offers a claimed 'true range' of 80 kilometres from its 2.9kWh battery pack. The 450 Plus has a claimed 'true range' of 70 kilometres from its slightly smaller 2.4kWh lithium-ion battery pack. Both scooters support fast charging through Ather's Grid network of fast chargers.
Thoughts On Aether Energy's New Production Push
Ather Energy is currently expanding at a very fast pace. With the increasing demand for its electric scooters, it comes as no surprise that the company is looking to up production levels to meet the ever-increasing need for EVs.