- 18 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 24 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Finance 3 Post Office Schemes That Beat Bank Interest Rates
- News Anger, confusion over changed Covishield dose duration
- Movies Happy Birthday Nushrratt Bharuccha: Only True Fans Of The Actress Know These Lesser Known Facts About Her!
- Sports Warriors star Curry pips Wizards' Beal to second NBA scoring title
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
Ather Energy has started deliveries of the 450X and the 450 Plus electric scooter in Coimbatore and Trichy. The Ather 450X and the 450 Plus retails at Rs 1.60 lakh and Rs 1.41 lakh, respectively. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Tamil Nadu).
The company has associated with Rajdurai's E-Vehicles Pvt Ltd in Ramnagar, Coimbatore and Vela Automobiles Pvt Ltd in Annamalai Nagar, Trichy to launch both scooters in respective cities. The electric scooter sales in Tamil Nadu is now expanded to 3 cities.
Potential buyers can now take test rides, learn about all features of the vehicle, different ownership and purchase models offered by the company. The Ather Space experience centres are likely to be opened within a couple of weeks in both cities.
Along with the commencement of test ride, bookings and deliveries, the company has also commissioned Ather Grid fast-charging stations in both cities. Ather Energy has already set up 5 fast-charging points in Coimbatore and 2 fast-charging points, in Trichy.
The company has promised to increase the number of charge stations in both cities in the coming months. Ather Energy will look to partner with cafés, restaurants, tech parks, malls, and gyms.
With the increase in the number of Ather Grid stations, the company aims to curb range anxiety and ease the adoption of electric vehicles. More than 120 public fast charging points by Ather Energy are up across more than 18 cities in India.
Speaking about the scooter, the flagship Ather 450X will feature an actual range of around 85 kilometres on a single charge. The electric motor comes paired to a 2.61 kWh (usable capacity) battery pack. With every minute of charging the scooter gains 1.45 kilometre of riding range. The Ather 450X electric scooter can accelerate from 0kmph to 40kmph in 3.3 seconds.
On the other hand, the 450 Plus electric scooter can travel a maximum of up to 70 kilometres on a single charge. The electric motor is coupled to a 2.4kWh usable battery pack. 1 kilometres worth of range is gained with every minute of charging time. The Ather 450 Plus can accelerate from 0 to 40kmph in 3.9 seconds.
The 450X electric scooter comes equipped with a host of smart features. This includes a smart touchscreen instrument console with Bluetooth connectivity, which can be used to control music and voice assistant; among others.
Ather Energy offers an Assured Buyback program on their vehicles. Under the Buyback program, customers will get Rs 85,000 as a guaranteed value for the Ather 450X at the end of 3 years.
Ather vehicles are also available for lease, which allows the customers to access a fully loaded Ather 450X with down payment & a nominal monthly fee, starting at INR 3,394 per month.
Ravneet Singh Phokela, Chief Business Officer, Ather Energy: "Tamil Nadu as a market has shown us immense potential, taking our count to 3 cities in the state. Due to multiple government interventions, the awareness and acceptance of EVs have been higher in TN compared to any other state."
He further added, "The dealer responses were truly commendable, which was one of the main reasons to begin operations in Coimbatore and Trichy earlier than planned. Rajdurai's E-Vehicles Pvt Ltd and Vela Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. have been of great help and support in expediting the process. We will soon open our Experience Centers in these cities, meanwhile, consumers can enjoy the test-rides and pre-order the 450X."
Thoughts About The Ather Electric Scooter Deliveries Starting In Coimbatore & Trichy
Ather electric scooters have been widely accepted in the Indian market. The demand for these electric scooters has increased substantially in recent times. Catering to the growing demand, the company has now commissioned a large manufacturing and assembly unit in Hosur, Tamil Nadu.