- 36 min ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 2 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- News Govts of Assam, Mizoram agree on deployment of neutral central force along disturbed border
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Women's 25M Pistol precision events on July 29; list of Indian shooters, timings, format
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Ather 450X prices have been dropped by the brand by Rs 14,500. This is because the Indian government has recently revised the FAME II scheme. The new policy amendment increases the subsidy to Rs 15,000 per kWh of the battery pack used.
According to the old FAME II scheme, The 450X was offered with a subsidy of just Rs 10,000 per kWh of the battery pack. After the recent revision, the incentives have increased by 50 per cent. This will help reduce the cost of the electric scooter by a significant margin.
The 450X electric scooter currently retails at Rs 1.59 lakh. After the FAME II policy amendment, it will be priced at Rs 1.44 lakh. The prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Bengaluru).
The electric scooter features a 6kW PMS electric motor that produces 26Nm of peak torque. The electric motor is coupled to a 2.9kWh battery pack, which is IP 67 rated for water and dust resistance. The company is offering a 3-year unconditional warranty with the battery pack.
The flagship Ather 450X will feature an actual range of around 85 kilometres on a single charge. According to the company, with every minute of charging the scooter gains 1.45 kilometre of riding range. The Ather 450X electric scooter can accelerate from 0kmph to 40kmph in 3.3 seconds.
Ather Energy recently started deliveries of the 450X electric scooters in Coimbatore and Trichy, Tamil Nadu and Delhi NCR region. The company has fast-forwarded its phase-1 expansion plan as it announced the launch of the Ather 450X in 16 new cities across the country.
Commenting on the FAME II amendment, Tarun Mehta, CEO and Co-founder, Ather Energy, said, "The revision in the FAME policy, increasing the subsidy by 50% per KWh is a phenomenal move. Sales of electric two-wheelers have grown despite the pandemic and with this additional subsidy, we expect electric two-wheeler sales to disrupt the market, and clock 6 million+ units by 2025."
e-scooters eligible under the FAME II scheme needs to feature a minimum range of 80 km per charge. They should also be capable of hitting a minimum top speed of 40kmph. The 450X meets all the criteria to offers incentives with every purchase.
Additionally, the Indian government is also looking at removing the registration fee for electric vehicles in the country. This will be a major boost as the government continues to find various solutions for faster adoptions of EV in the country — here are all details.
Thoughts About The Ather 450X Prices Dropped Due To FAME II Scheme Incentives Revision
Ather Energy reacts to the FAME II scheme incentives revision by reducing the price of the poplar 450X electric scooter. The demand for electric scooter is growing at a rapid pace in the country. Such moves from the government will only to faster adoption of EV in the country.