- 1 hr ago Bajaj CT 110X Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details!
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Revealed: Gets Subtle Design Changes & More Powerful Engines
- 3 hrs ago Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Revealing New Features: Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Legender Road Test Review: Most Powerful SUV In Its Segment!
- Sports IPL 2021: AB de Villiers explains how he deals with various challenges of T20 format
- Finance Infosys Q4 profit at Rs 5,078 crore; Announces Share Buy-Back, Declares Dividend
- Lifestyle Ram Navami 2021: The Story Of Lord Rama, Shabri And Her Half-Eaten Berries
- Movies Virata Parvam Starring Rana Daggubati And Sai Pallavi Gets Postponed Due To Rise In COVID-19 Cases
- News SC says access to professional education no government largesse
- Technology DoT Might Announce New Guidelines For Telecom PLI Scheme
- Education CBSE Board Exams 2021: Class 10th Exam Cancelled, 12th Postponed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
KTM has announced that KTM 390 Adventure and Pro Moto XC athlete Ashish Raorane have set the fastest known time record from Batal to Kunzum La, and have been bestowed with the title of 'Kunzum Kaiser'.
Ashish, who was on the KTM 390 Adventure went head-to-head with 11-time Raid de Himalaya winner, Suresh Rana, and his Rally-spec championship car on a high-speed face off for the crown of Kunzum Kaiser. Read more to know about the world's highest hill climb challenge.
The World's Highest Hill Climb Challenge is a 12.5 km treacherous mountain pass stretch from Batal (4000 m) to Kunzum La (4551 m) with 20 hairpin bends. The average temperature is about -5 degree Celsius. Suresh Rana started the race in his car with a blistering pace but unfortunately had to bow out of the challenge due to engine block damage that took place on turn 18.
A champion athlete and his championship car "DNF" due to engine failure was a testament to the difficulty of the challenge. However, till turn 18, the time Suresh hit was an amazing 11 minutes 49 seconds. Next up was Ashish Raorane on the KTM 390 Adventure. He pushed the machine to its limits and continued to lead the time on every turn.
He reached the Kunzum La finish line at an impressive time of 13 minutes and 4 seconds. Ashish Raorane has set the fastest known time record for the hill climb challenge. Mechanically, the KTM 390 Adventure is powered by a 373cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine as its Duke and RC siblings. It produces 43bhp of power at 9000rpm and 37Nm of peak torque at 7000rpm and is paired with a six-speed gearbox.
Thoughts About KTM 390 Adventure Motorcycle
The KTM 390 Adventure is a fabulous machine and can literally go anywhere. By setting the fastest hill climb record on the 390 Adventure the machine has once again proven that it is meant to break all boundaries possible.