- 23 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- News WATCH: Himachal bridge hit by boulders rolling down hill
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Tsitsipas taking inspiration from the gold medallist grandfather he has never met
- Movies Karan Johar: I Cannot Backslap Shah Rukh Khan; He Is A Very Spiritual Person [Flashback]
- Finance Top 5 Banks Offering Best Interest Rates On 3-Year Fixed Deposits In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Ashish Raorane is making his debut in this year's Dakar Rally race held in Saudi Arabia. The Indian rally rider has suffered a crash in Stage 5 of the 2021 Dakar Rally. After the crash, the rider remounted the bike and continued the race. However, because of the fall, Ashish suffered from severe headache.
He finally called for help to get medical attention which meant he was out of the rally race. The had suffered a head injury and was immediately given proper medical attention. The rider is safe and is out of danger.
Dakar Rally is known to be one of the most dangerous races in the world. Most of the participants starting the race each year fail to finish as it tests man and machine beyond limits. Adding to it Ashish Raorane was competing in the Original by Motul category formerly known as Malle Moto class.
According to the rules, the rider will be alone through the entire duration of the race. However, the Dakar organization will assist the riders in this category by transporting all the required tools and accessories. This includes one trunk, one set of wheels, one sleeping tent, one travel bag and one set of tyres for each competitor.
Competitors in the category will are required to carry all the spare parts, tools and other accessories for the rally in their trunks. They will also have to carry out all maintenance on their vehicles by themselves. Ashish managed to complete Stage 1 to Stage 4 in his debut Dakar Rally successfully.
Despite the fall, he rode the race for quite a while before calling it quits. Ashish Raorane started his debut rally by completing the Prologue Stage in 74th position. He completed the first stage of the rally in 84th position.
The second stage saw the privateer finishing the race in 86th position. However, in Stage 3 and Stage 4, Ashish improved his rankings by completing in 81st and 75th positions, respectively. After Stage 4 the Indian rally rider was placed in 80th position overall in the General rankings and 23rd in the Original by Motul category.
We were looking forward to his performance in what is known to be the toughest category in the Dakar Rally. However, the rider is now out of contention for the 2021 Dakar Rally. Ashish was riding a KTM 450 Rally Replica at the rally race, which he had invested specifically for the Dakar Rally.
Thoughts About The Ashish Raorane Going Out Of Dakar Rally 2021
Ashish had trained for years in preparation to enter the dangerous Dakar Rally. He entered the race in the toughest of the categories in the rally. However, he had to take help due to his medical condition after the crash. We wish him a speedy recovery.