- 1 hr ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 16 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- Technology Is Amazon Delivering Products During Lockdown In India? Can You Place Regular Orders?
- News Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has become family doctor: Shiv Sena's 'Saamana'
- Movies Ekta Kapoor’s Kkusum Starring Nausheen Ali Sardar & Anuj Saxena To Have A Digital Sequel: Report
- Finance Top 10 Banks Giving Higher Returns On 5-Year Tax Saving Fixed Deposits
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Sparkles In A Sequin Multicolour Pantsuit And Looks Oh-So-Sizzling In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Sports Checkmate COVID: Anand and 4 other GMs to play exhibition matches to raise COVID relief fund
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Aprilia has unveiled the much-awaited Tuono 660 middle-weight naked motorcycle internationally. The Italian performance motorcycle manufacture will be bringing the Tuono 660 to the Indian market sometime by the second half of this year.
The Tuono 660 is based on its full-faired sibling, the RS 660 motorcycle. However, the motorcycle borrows its design inspiration from the Aprilia Tuono V4. The motorcycle features the brand's distinctive three-pod headlamp setup giving it an aggressive front fascia.
The motorcycle feature tank shrouds which aid for better aerodynamic ability. The rider sits upright on the motorcycle to suit the street riding conditions. According to the company, the Tunono 660 has been tested in the wind tunnel to offer maximum aerodynamic ability.
The motorcycle features a single-piece handlebar, LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, LED taillamps, split-seat, a muscular-looking fuel tank, an under-belly exhaust, and a fully-digital instrument cluster; among others.
The motorcycle is powered by a 660cc, parallel-twin unit similar to the one powering the RS 660. However, the engine on the Tunono is in a lesser state-of-tune as compared to the RS 660. The engine on the Tuono produces a maximum of 94bhp — 6bhp less than the maximum power output of RS 660.
The company is yet to announce the torque output produced by the Tuono's engine. But we expect it to be similar to the RS 660's motor, which produces a peak torque of 67Nm at 8,500rpm. The engine is will come mated to a six-speed gearbox with a slip-assist clutch.
The Tuono 660 comes packed with a host of electronic rider aids. The electronic rider aids are supported by a six-axis (IMU) Inertial Measurement Unit, Aprilia Traction Control, Aprilia Wheelie Control, Aprilia Engine Brake, Aprilia Cruise Control and 5 riding modes out of which three are dedicated to road riding and two for the track use.
All the electronic rider aids can be controlled using the TFT display and the switchgear on the handlebar. It is also expected to feature a Bluetooth pairing smartphone pairing for connected technology via an application.
Tuono 660 will be available in three colour scheme variations: Concept Black, Iridium Grey and Acid Gold, which has become a popular colour on the RS 660 motorcycle. All three paint scheme might make it to the Indian market as well.
The Tuono 660 uses a die-cast aluminium frame with a double-sided swingarm. The motorcycle tips the scare at 183Kgs (kerb). Suspension duties on the motorcycle are handled by a 41mm, USD forks Kayaba unit, and a mono-shock set-up at the rear, both of which are fully adjustable. Braking will be done via dual-disc brakes at the front and a disc-brake at the rear, both sourced from Brembo.
Aprilia has confirmed that Tuono 660 and the RS 660 motorcycles will reach the Indian shores as CBU units. The company will make use of the new India import rules, which dictates that brands can import 2,500 vehicles via the CKD and CBU channels per year, without the need for homologation.
Thoughts About The Aprilia Tuono 660 Unveiled Globally Ahead Of Launch
The Aprilia Tuono 660 is one of the lightest middle-weight naked motorcycles that will be available in the world. With the engine producing around 95bhp, it could also be one of the fastest in the segment. Once launched, the Aprilia Tuono 660 will rival the Kawasaki Z650 and the upcoming Triumph Trident 660 and the Benelli TNT 600 in the Indian market.