- 6 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 8 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 11 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- News Schools, colleges in Uttar Pradesh to remain shut on Friday, Saturday in view of heavy rains
- Lifestyle Health Benefits Of Mosambi Sweet Lime Juice: Treating Dehydration To Indigestion And More
- Movies KBC 13: Can You Answer The Rs 80,000 Question That Stumped Former Diplomat Manju Seth On The Show?
- Sports Dhoni named in 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
Aprilia launches the Tuono 660 in India at Rs 13.09 lakh, ex-showroom. The semi-faired motorcycle arrives as (CBU) Completely Built-Up units and is offered in three colour options.
Bookings for the RS 660 had begun back in February 2021, with the deliveries of the motorcycle said to begin soon across India.
- Concept Black
- Iridium Grey
- Acid Gold
Engine & Gearbox
The Tuono 660 comes powered by a liquid-cooled, DOHC, parallel twin-cylinder 659cc engine paired to a six-speed gearbox with a slip-assist clutch.
Peak Torque: 67Nm @ 8,500rpm
Design & Features
The Tuono 660 is based on its full-faired sibling, the RS 660 motorcycle. However, the motorcycle borrows its design inspiration from the Aprilia Tuono V4. It features the brand's distinctive three-pod headlamp setup giving it an aggressive front fascia.
The motorcycle features tank shrouds which aid for better aerodynamic ability. The rider sits upright on the motorcycle to suit the street riding conditions. According to the company, the Tunono 660 has been tested in the wind tunnel to offer maximum aerodynamic ability.
- LED headlamps with LED DRLs
- LED taillamps
- Single-piece handlebar
- Underbelly exhaust
- 15-litre fuel tank
Electronic Rider Aids & Connected Technology
Like the RS 660, the Tuono 660 also features a ton of electronic rider aids that are supported by a six-axis (IMU) Inertial Measurement Unit. It also features 5 ride modes out of which three are dedicated to road riding and two for track use.
Other rider aids:
- Aprilia Traction Control (ATC)
- Aprilia Wheelie Control (AWC)
- Aprilia Cruise Control (ACC)
- Aprilia Engine Brake (AEB)
- Aprilia Engine Map (AEM)
- ABS with cornering function
It also features a 5-inch TFT split-screen layout, which will help control all the electronic aids on the motorcycle. The company is also offering an optional Aprilia MIA multimedia platform for connected technology via a smartphone application.
Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
The motorcycle features an aluminium dual beam chassis.
- Wheelbase: 1370mm
- Length: 1995mm
- Width: 805mm
- Seat height: 820mm
- Weight (Kerb): 183kg
- Front: 41mm Kayaba USD fork
- Rear: mono-shock unit
Both units are fully adjustable for compression, rebound & preload.
- Front: 320mm dual-disc brake with Bremo four-pot radial callipers
- Rear: 220mm disc brake with Brembo callipers
The entire brake system features a metal braided hose for maximum performance.
Wheels & Tyres
- Front: 17-inch alloys with 120/70 section tyre
- Rear: 17-inch alloys with 180/55 section tyre
Thoughts About The Aprilia Tuono 660 Launched In India
The Aprilia Tunon 660 carries over all the equipment from the RS660. However, the Tuono has a street-biased setup making it more practical for everyday use. The Tuono 660 rivals the likes of Honda CB650R, the Kawasaki Z650, the Triumph Trident 660 and the KTM Duke 790.