- 11 hrs ago Largest EV Charging Station In India Opens In Gurugram: Charge Up To 100 EVs Simultaneously
- 15 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 18 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 19 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- Technology Flipkart Electronics Sale 2022: Best Discount Deals On Mid-Range Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Jan 28 Highlights: Karan, Tejasswi & Other Finalists Get Emotional After Watching Their AVs
- Finance Union Budget 2022 Stock Buy: Cement Stock That Could Benefit From Infra Spends
- News India closely following developments in Ukraine, calls for peaceful resolution of situation
- Lifestyle Opinion: Did COVID-19 In India Take Away Safety Net Of Poor School-Going Children?
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Daniel Chima Chukwu on target as Jamshedpur down FC Goa
- Education Assam TET Re-Evaluation Result 2021 Declared, Download Lower Primary, Upper Primary TET Result Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
Aprilia will be launching the SXR 125 in the Indian market. It will be a new maxi-scooter offering in the country. Ahead of its launch, the price of the soon-to-be-launched Aprilia SXR 125 has been officially revealed. The Aprilia SXR 125 will retail at Rs 1.16 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
This makes it only Rs 9,000 less than its elder sibling, the SXR 160. The prices of the scooter have been revealed on the brand's website. The company have begun accepting bookings for the new Aprilia SXR 125 scooter for a token amount of Rs 5,000. The scooter will be available in four colours options: White, Matte Blue, Red and Nero Grey.
The Aprilia SXR 125 borrows its design and features from its elder sibling, the SXR 160. However, the engine on the SXR 125 is the same as the ones powering the SR125. This is a 125cc single-cylinder fuel-injected engine that produces a maximum power of 9.3bhp at 7,600rpm and a peak torque of 9.2Nm at 6250rpm.
Speaking about the design and features of the SXR 125, the front of the scooter houses the brand's signature setup of a triple headlamp design with integrated LED DRLs. It also features a massive front apron, large tinted visor, LED tail lights, alloys wheels, a muscular-looking exhaust adding to the maxi-scooters muscular looks.
Other features include a fully digital instrument cluster, wide seats for the rider and the pillion, glovebox on either side of the front apron with a USB charger on one side, large under-seat storage space with illumination and Bluetooth mobile connectivity option; among others.
Suspension duties on the scooter are handled by telescopic forks at the front and a twin-shock absorber setup at the rear. Braking on the scooter is expected to be via a 220mm disc brake at the front and a 140mm drum brake at the rear supported by a combined braking system for additional safety.
Once the scooter is launched, the Aprilia SXR 125 will directly rival the Suzuki Burgman Street 125 in the Indian market. Comparing the prices of both scooters, the SXR 125 will be Rs 27,000 more expensive than the Burgman Street 125.
Another popular 125cc scooter is the TVS Ntroq. Although the Ntorq is not a maxi-scooter, it is a close competitor to SXR 125. The Ntorq Race Edition is Rs 38,000 cheaper than the Italian maxi-scooter.
Thoughts About The Aprilia SXR 125 Price Officially Revealed
The Aprilia SXR 125 is expected to go on sale in the Indian market. Its elder sibling, the SXR 160 has been well-received in the Indian market. However, the price tag is a little on the higher side for the 125cc scooter. Whether the SXR 125 will also be received well in the market after its launch remains to be seen.