- 2 hrs ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 16 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 19 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 22 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Lifestyle Hina Khan’s Fashion Wardrobe For Maldives Vacation Is So On Point And Awesome
- News Gujarat: Mild tremor in Kutch, no casualty
- Sports IPL 2021: Gill, Rana are about to shock the world, says KKR chief mentor Hussey
- Technology Week 38, 2021 Launch Roundup: Apple iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 Mini, Realme C25Y, And More
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Aprilia is gearing up to launch its second maxi-scooter, the SXR 125 in the Indian market. The company have begun accepting bookings for the new Aprilia SXR 125 scooter for a token amount of Rs 5,000.
Ahead of its launch, the prices of the upcoming scooter have been leaked. The recent report from Zigwheels reveals that the scooter will be priced at Rs 1.16 lakh, ex-showroom (India). This makes it only Rs 9,000 less than its elder sibling, the SXR 160.
However, once launched, the Aprilia SXR will directly rival the Suzuki Burgman Street 125 in the Indian market. As a result, the Italian scooter will be Rs 27,000 more expensive than its Japanese rival. Although the TVS Ntorq Race Edition is not a direct rival to the Aprilia SXR 125, it is Rs 38,000 cheaper than the maxi-scooter.
The Aprilia SXR 125 is powered by the 125cc single-cylinder fuel-injected engine. It produces a maximum power of 9.3bhp at 7,600rpm and a peak torque of 9.2Nm at 6250rpm.
The Aprilia SXR 125 maxi-scooter features the same design and equipment as its elder sibling, the SXR 160. The front of the scooter houses the brand's signature setup of a triple headlamp design with integrated LED DRLs. It also features a massive front apron, large tinted visor, LED tail lights, alloys wheels, a muscular-looking exhaust adding to the maxi-scooters muscular looks.
Other features include a fully digital instrument cluster, wide seats for the rider and the pillion, glovebox on either side of the front apron with a USB charger on one side, large under-seat storage space with illumination and Bluetooth mobile connectivity option; among others.
Suspension duties on the scooter are handled by telescopic forks at the front and a twin-shock absorber setup at the rear. Braking on the scooter is expected to be via a 220mm disc brake at the front and a 140mm drum brake at the rear supported by a combined braking system for additional safety.
Thoughts About The Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
The Aprilia SXR 125 will also be on the pricer side much like its elder sibling when launched in the Indian market. It comes packed with features and a sweet Italian design. This attracts a premium over the current crop of 125cc scooters available in the Indian market. Whether the Aprilia SXR 125 will be well-received in the price-sensitive Indian market remains to be seen.