- 3 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Classic 350 India Launch: Available Without Tripper Navigation, New Colours & More
- 6 hrs ago Revolt RV300 To Be Replaced By RV1 Electric Motorcycle: Here Are All The Details
- 9 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon: Price, Expected Specs, Features & Other Details
- 12 hrs ago Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon: Likely To Be A 6-Speed Torque Converter
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8: Contestants Receive Cryptic Phone Calls; Vaishnavi Gets An Interesting Task
- Sports Tokyo 2020: 'Mirabai Chanu's medal has inspired the entire nation,' says sports minister Anurag Thakur
- News Border row: Union Home Minister Amit Shah urge Chief Ministers of Mizoram, Assam to ensure peace
- Technology Redmi K40 Game Enhanced Edition New Color Variant In Tow; What's New?
- Finance 2 Banking Stocks To Buy With An Upside Target of 28%
- Education TNGASA 2021: Tamil Nadu Arts And Science College Application Process Begins
- Lifestyle Princess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Aprilia has begun accepting pre-launch booking for the upcoming SXR 125 maxi-scooter in the country. Bookings for the new Aprilia SXR 125 scooter can be made online or any of the brand dealerships across the country for a token amount of Rs 5,000.
The scooter was expected to launch much earlier in the country. Due to the Covid-19 outbreak in the country, the launch of the Aprilia SXR 125 was delayed in the Indian market. However, with pre-launch booking starting in the country, the scooter is expected to go on sale within a few weeks.
The Aprilia SXR 125 maxi-scooter features the same design and equipment as its elder sibling, the SXR 160. The front of the scooter houses the brand's signature setup of a triple headlamp design with integrated LED DRLs. It also features a massive front apron, large tinted visor, LED tail lights, alloys wheels, a muscular-looking exhaust adding to the maxi-scooters muscular looks.
Other features include a fully digital instrument cluster, wide seats for the rider and the pillion, glovebox on either side of the front apron with a USB charger on one side, large under-seat storage space with illumination and Bluetooth mobile connectivity option; among others.
The Aprilia SXR 125 is powered by the 125cc single-cylinder fuel-injected engine. It produces a maximum power of 9.3bhp at 7,600rpm and a peak torque of 9.2Nm at 6250rpm.
Suspension duties on the scooter are handled by telescopic forks at the front and a twin-shock absorber setup at the rear. Braking on the scooter is expected to be via a 220mm disc brake at the front and a 140mm drum brake at the rear supported by a combined braking system for additional safety.
The Aprilia SXR 125 will feature 12-inch alloy wheels shod with tubeless tyres. The scooter will feature a 7-litre fuel tank. The Aprilia SXR 125 will be offered in four colour options: Matt Black, Glossy White, Matt Blue and Glossy Red.
Commenting on the occasion, Mr Diego Graffi, Chairman and Managing Director, Piaggio India said, "Aprilia SXR 160, the first scooter designed in Italy for India with the new Aprilia design philosophy, has received great appreciation from the Indian market and to continue to offer even more excitement with Aprilia SXR, we are now gearing up for the launch of SXR 125. Our distinguished consumers now have the opportunity to pre-book this latest offering to Maxify lives, with the new Aprilia experience."
Thoughts About The Aprilia SXR 125 Pre-Bookings Starting In India
The brand has received a good response from the Aprilia SXR 160 scooter in the Indian market. This has encouraged the company to introduce a more affordable offering of the same maxi scooter. Once launched The Aprilia SXR 125 will primarily rival the Suzuki Burgman 125 in the Indian market.