- 6 hrs ago Largest EV Charging Station In India Opens In Gurugram: Charge Up To 100 EVs Simultaneously
- 9 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 12 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 14 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- Finance Union Budget 2022 Stock Buy: Cement Stock That Could Benefit From Infra Spends
- News India closely following developments in Ukraine, calls for peaceful resolution of situation
- Movies Newlyweds Mouni Roy And Suraj Nambiar Are A Visual Delight As They Rock The Dance Floor In Their Sangeet
- Lifestyle Opinion: Did COVID-19 In India Take Away Safety Net Of Poor School-Going Children?
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Daniel Chima Chukwu on target as Jamshedpur down FC Goa
- Education Assam TET Re-Evaluation Result 2021 Declared, Download Lower Primary, Upper Primary TET Result Here
- Technology Vivo Y75 5G With Android 12, 50MP Triple Cameras Launched At Rs. 21,990; Where To Buy?
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
Aprilia launches the RS 660 in India at Rs 13.39 lakh, ex-showroom. The middle-weight supersport motorcycle arrives as (CBU) Completely Built-Up units and is offered in three colour options.
Bookings for the RS 660 had begun back in February 2021, with the deliveries of the motorcycle said to begin soon across India.
- Acid Gold
- Apex Black
- Lava Red
Engine & Gearbox
The RS 660 comes powered by a liquid-cooled, DOHC, parallel twin-cylinder 659cc engine paired to a six-speed gearbox with a slip-assist clutch and Aprilia's bi-directional quick shifter as standard.
Max Power: 99bhp @ 10,500rpm
Peak Torque: 67Nm @ 8,500rpm
Design & Features
The Aprilia RS 660 borrows its design inspiration from its bigger sibling, the RSV4. The motorcycle features an aggressive-looking full fairing and aero winglets as seen on the RSV4. The race-spec style winglets will offer enhanced aerodynamic stability at high speeds. The RS 660 also features the brand's signature three-part headlight cluster as well.
- LED headlamps with LED DRLs
- LED taillamps
- Underbelly exhaust
- Race-spec handlebar
- 15-litre fuel tank
Electronic Rider Aids & Connected Technology
The RS 660's electronic rider aids are supported by a six-axis (IMU) Inertial Measurement Unit. It also features 5 ride modes out of which three are dedicated to road riding and two for track use.
Other rider aids:
- Aprilia Traction Control (ATC)
- Aprilia Wheelie Control (AWC)
- Aprilia Cruise Control (ACC)
- Aprilia Engine Brake (AEB)
- Aprilia Engine Map (AEM)
- ABS with cornering function
The RS 660 also feature a 5-inch TFT split-screen layout, which will help control all the electronic aids on the motorcycle. The company is also offering an optional Aprilia MIA multimedia platform for connected technology via a smartphone application.
Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
The motorcycle features an aluminium dual beam chassis. The RS660 tips the scale at 185kg kerb with a seat height of 820mm.
Front: 41mm Kayaba USD fork
Rear: mono-shock unit
Both units are fully adjustable for compression, rebound & preload.
Front: 320mm dual-disc brake with Bremo four-pot radial callipers
Rear: 220mm disc brake with Brembo callipers
The entire brake system features a metal braided hose for maximum performance.
Wheels & Tyres
Front: 17-inch alloys with 120/70 section tyre
Rear: 17-inch alloys with 180/55 section tyre
Thoughts About The Aprilia RS660 Launched In India
The Aprilia RS 660 is a highly anticipated middleweight supersport motorcycle in India. Apart from the looks, electronics and performance, the highlight of the RS 660 is that it weighs just 185kg (kerb). The RS 660 rivals the likes of Honda CBR 650R, the Kawasaki Ninja 650, and the Ninja ZX-6R; among others.