- 7 hrs ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 9 hrs ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- 14 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launch Tomorrow; Powered By Yamaha’s Liquid-Cooled Engine From R15
- 1 day ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- Technology Flipkart The Big Billion Days Sale 2021: Samsung, Realme, Poco, And More Mobile Brands Discount Reveling Dates
- News Engaging with India over recognising Covidshield vaccine certificate: UK
- Movies KBC 13: Can You Answer The Rs 25 Lakh Question That Stumped Pankaj Kumar Singh On Amitabh Bachchan’s Show?
- Finance 2 Major Reasons Why Nifty Metal Sank 7% Today
- Sports England pulls out of Pakistan tour just days after New Zealand abandon series
- Travel Pitru Paksha 2021: Important Places For Pind Daan In India
- Lifestyle Jacqueline Fernandez poses in floral print lehenga for The Kapil Sharma Show
- Education KCET Result 2021 Declared, Check KCET 2021 Direct Link And Other Details Here
Kawasaki launches the 2022 Vulcan S in India priced at Rs 6.10 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The middle-weight cruiser is available in a single variant and has been introduced with a new single colour called the 'Metallic Matte Graphnesteel Gray'.
Bookings for the new Vulcan S can be made online or at dealerships with deliveries said to begin in early September.
Regarding the new Metallic Matte Graphnesteel Gray colour, the fuel tank features new grey and silver colours along with green pin-striping to give it an appealing look. Additionally, the green colour line runs over the radiator side covers and wheel rims making it ahead turner.
Design & Features
The 2022 Vulcan S remains the same sans the new colour scheme. The cruiser features a retro-looking oval-shaped headlamp with a black cowl, round-shaped fenders at both ends and lower-set turn signal indicators at the rear.
The motorcycle also features a blacked-out exhaust that is tucked away below the engine. Overall, the Vulcan S features a low-rider look to suit the cruiser style of the motorcycle.
- Halogen headlamps
- LED taillamps
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
- 14-litre fuel tank
Enhancing the riding position on the Vulcan S, Kawasaki offers the Ergo-Fit package on the motorcycle. This allows the rider to adjust the handlebar, seat and footpeg position to find a comfortable riding position.
The Vulcan S' digital display provides a host of information to the rider. This includes gear position indicator, ODO meter, trip meter, fuel level indicator and more. The console is also backlight and makes it easy to read.
Engine & Gearbox
The 2022 motorcycle continues to come powered by a 649cc parallel-twin-cylinder engine; paired with a standard six-speed gearbox.
- Max power: 60bhp @ 7,500rpm
- Peak torque: 62.4Nm @ 6,600rpm
In terms of electronic rider aids, the Vulcan s features just the dual-channel ABS.
Suspension, Brake, Wheels & Tyres
The 2022 Vulcan s continues to use the perimeter frame and tips the scale at 235kg (Kerb). The motorcycle sits 130mm above the ground with a minimum rider seat height of 705mm.
- Front: 41mm telescopic fork with 130mm travel
- Rear: Offset laydown shock with 80mm travel (pre-load adjustability)
- Front: 300mm disc with dual-piston calliper
- Rear: 250mm disc with single-piston calliper
Wheels & Tyres
- Front: 18-inch alloys with 120/70 Dunlop Sportmax tyres
- Rear: 17-inch alloys with 160/60 Dunlop Sportmax tyres
Thoughts About The 2022 Kawasaki Vulcan S Launched In India
The Kawasaki Vulcan S is placed in the middle-weight cruiser segment with almost no direct rivals in the Indian market. Earlier, the Japanese cruiser rivalled the Harley Davidson Street 750. However, since the American motorcycle was discontinued in India, the Vulcan's closest rival is now the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.
But, the Chennai-based manufacturer will introduce a new cruiser motorcycle soon that will directly rival the Vulcan S in India. For now, if anyone is looking to buy a middle-weight cruiser, then Kawasaki Vulcan S seems to be the only option. 2022 Vulcan S carries the new price tag after the recent price hike issued by the company — here are more details.