- 3 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 8 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 1 day ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Regrets Not Meeting Sidharth Shukla Post Bigg Boss 13, Says ‘We Used To Laugh So Much’
- News AUKUS neither relevant to Quad nor will impact on its functioning: India's first reaction
- Sports Hungary punished with one-match ban following racist behaviour against England
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
The 2021 Triumph Speed Twin has been launched in the Indian market. The new, updated Speed Twin has been launched with a price tag of Rs 10,99 lakh, ex-showroom. The motorcycle comes with a host of changes to the engine, suspension, brakes, and electronics. The power figures have also increased with the new update.
The Bonneville range of motorcycles from Triumph are known to be instantly recognisable and these motorcycles are icons in their own right. The Speed Twin is one of the fastest motorcycles under the Bonneville banner and it was in June 2021, that Triumph unveiled the 2021 update to the Speed Twin.
Now, a couple of months after the global unveil, the Triumph Speed Twin has been launched in India. The motorcycle receives a few aesthetic changes in the form of new graphics, redesigned mudguards, and anodised headlamp mounts. The new Speed Twin can be availed in three colour options: Red Hopper, Matt Storm Grey, and Jet Black.
2021 Triumph Speed Twin Engine Updates
As aforementioned, the updates are not just aesthetic. The 1,200cc parallel-twin engine now comes with several internal changes. It gets new cam profiles, high-compression pistons, revised ports, and a lighter crankshaft. It also gets a new alternator and the overall inertia is reduced by 17 percent.
Peak torque remains the same, at 112Nm while the maximum power output figure now stands at 100bhp. This is 3bhp higher than the older Speed Twin. It also gets an updated exhaust to make the motorcycle sound better. Triumph has also worked on getting more grunt at lower RPMs.
The peak torque of 112Nm comes in at 4,250rpm which is about 500rpm lower than on the older model. The engine revs higher too as the rev-limiter is extended by 500rpm.
2021 Triumph Speed Twin Electronics
The new Triumph Speed Twin comes with an updated electronics package as well. The three ride modes have been carried over from the outgoing model: Rain, Road & Sport. However, the mapping on these three modes is updated for 2021. The throttle response is said to have improved courtesy of the new maps. The traction control is also switchable.
2021 Triumph Speed Twin Suspension, Brakes & Tyres
The telescopic fork on the outgoing model has been replaced by a 43mm upside-down unit from Marzocchi. At the rear are twin shocks. The new Speed Twin rides on 12-spoke alloy wheels at the front and rear shod with Metzeler Racetec RR tyres.
Braking is handled by twin 320mm discs up front with radially-mounted Brembo M50 monobloc calipers. Dual-channel ABS comes in as standard equipment.
Thoughts On Triumph Speed Twin Being Launched In India
The Triumph Speed Twin has always been a very likable motorcycle. That big parallel-twin engine is a gem and so is the overall design of the motorcycle. With this new update, the Speed twin has improved further. Triumph has updated almost all aspects of the bike and it now looks better, rides better, and has further improved on the value-for-money aspect.