- 1 hr ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 4 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 5 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- 7 hrs ago TVS Buys 75% Stake In SEMG — Forays into E-Bike Market
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League PKL 2021-22: Gujarat Giants vs Dabang Delhi Dream11 Prediction and Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle NeoCov: Wuhan Scientists Warn of New Coronavirus Strain With High Death, Infection Rate
- Movies EXCLUSIVE! Umar Riaz And Simba Nagpal Will NOT Be Attending Bigg Boss 15 Grand Finale
- Finance Union Budget 2022: 23: What The Telecom Sector Can Expect?
- Technology Realme 9 Pro 5G Series To Launch On Feb 15 Globally; When Is It Coming To India?
- News Sidhu a cruel man, drove mother out of home alleges sister
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Bihar In Winter Of 2022
- Education Lala Lajpat Rai Birth Anniversary: Some Lesser-Known Facts About Punjab Kesari
The 2021 Triumph Speed Twin has been launched in the Indian market. The new, updated Speed Twin has been launched with a price tag of Rs 10,99 lakh, ex-showroom. The motorcycle comes with a host of changes to the engine, suspension, brakes, and electronics. The power figures have also increased with the new update.
The Bonneville range of motorcycles from Triumph are known to be instantly recognisable and these motorcycles are icons in their own right. The Speed Twin is one of the fastest motorcycles under the Bonneville banner and it was in June 2021, that Triumph unveiled the 2021 update to the Speed Twin.
Now, a couple of months after the global unveil, the Triumph Speed Twin has been launched in India. The motorcycle receives a few aesthetic changes in the form of new graphics, redesigned mudguards, and anodised headlamp mounts. The new Speed Twin can be availed in three colour options: Red Hopper, Matt Storm Grey, and Jet Black.
2021 Triumph Speed Twin Engine Updates
As aforementioned, the updates are not just aesthetic. The 1,200cc parallel-twin engine now comes with several internal changes. It gets new cam profiles, high-compression pistons, revised ports, and a lighter crankshaft. It also gets a new alternator and the overall inertia is reduced by 17 percent.
Peak torque remains the same, at 112Nm while the maximum power output figure now stands at 100bhp. This is 3bhp higher than the older Speed Twin. It also gets an updated exhaust to make the motorcycle sound better. Triumph has also worked on getting more grunt at lower RPMs.
The peak torque of 112Nm comes in at 4,250rpm which is about 500rpm lower than on the older model. The engine revs higher too as the rev-limiter is extended by 500rpm.
2021 Triumph Speed Twin Electronics
The new Triumph Speed Twin comes with an updated electronics package as well. The three ride modes have been carried over from the outgoing model: Rain, Road & Sport. However, the mapping on these three modes is updated for 2021. The throttle response is said to have improved courtesy of the new maps. The traction control is also switchable.
2021 Triumph Speed Twin Suspension, Brakes & Tyres
The telescopic fork on the outgoing model has been replaced by a 43mm upside-down unit from Marzocchi. At the rear are twin shocks. The new Speed Twin rides on 12-spoke alloy wheels at the front and rear shod with Metzeler Racetec RR tyres.
Braking is handled by twin 320mm discs up front with radially-mounted Brembo M50 monobloc calipers. Dual-channel ABS comes in as standard equipment.
Thoughts On Triumph Speed Twin Being Launched In India
The Triumph Speed Twin has always been a very likable motorcycle. That big parallel-twin engine is a gem and so is the overall design of the motorcycle. With this new update, the Speed twin has improved further. Triumph has updated almost all aspects of the bike and it now looks better, rides better, and has further improved on the value-for-money aspect.