- 3 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 6 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 10 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 13 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- Movies Sidharth Malhotra On Doing Romantic Film With Kiara Advani; 'Everyday I Keep Getting Messages On Social Media'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- News Cong social media department passes resolution to make Rahul Gandhi party president
- Sports Lewandowski scores again as Bayern Munich routs Bochum
- Finance Airlines To Operate At 85% Of Pre-Covid Domestic Flights: Civil Aviation Ministry
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
Ducati has launched the 2021 Supersport 950 in India at Rs 13.49 lakh, ex-showroom (Starting price). The top-spec 'S' variant is priced between Rs 15.49 lakh and Rs 15.69 lakh. It is imported as a completely built unit and comes with a more advanced electronics suite while the engine output remains unchanged.
The Ducati SuperSport is a full-faired sport touring motorcycle that has been on sale in India for several years now. After the Indian government implemented the more stringent BS6 emissions norms in India, the motorcycle was discontinued. Now it is back with a BS6 compliant engine and a comprehensive update to the electronics package.
2021 Ducati SuperSport 950 Design
The difference in the styling is seen the moment one looks at the motorcycle. The design has been influenced by the Panigale V2 and V4, and hence the new SuperSport gets new fairing and new headlamps as well. It looks brilliant and more sculpted than the older SuperSport.
It also gets a new windscreen and the headlamps are flanked by small air intakes. The new fairing makes the motorcycle more aerodynamic too and comes with two new air ducts to channel hot air away from the rider. The fuel tank is muscular and the rear-end is steeply raked with LED tail lamps.
2021 Ducati SuperSport 950 Underpinnings
The 2021 Ducati SuperSport 950 is underpinned by the same trellis frame as the earlier model. Suspension duties are handled by a 43mm upside-down fork from Marzocchi up front, and a Monoshock from Sachs at the rear. The suspension at both ends is fully adjustable. The higher-spec SuperSport 950 S comes with a more sophisticated suspension from Ohlins.
2021 Ducati SuperSport 950 Engine
The 2021 SuperSport 950 is powered by the same engine as the older model. It is a liquid-cooled, 937cc, Testastretta, V-Twin engine that puts out 110bhp at 9,000rpm and 93Nm at 6,500rpm. It is now equipped with hydraulic control for the clutch, and also gets an advanced electronics update.
2021 Ducati SuperSport 950 Electronics
As aforementioned, the 2021 Ducati SuperSport 950 comes with an advanced electronics suite. It gets lots of new electronic rider aids like Bosch Cornering ABS, Ducati Traction Control, Ducati Quick Shift, Ducati Wheelie Control, etc., and all of these electronics are based on a six-axis IMU.
There are three riding modes: Sport, Touring, and Urban. Instrumentation is taken care of by a 4.3-inch full-colour TFT console flanked by tell-tale lights.
2021 Ducati SuperSport: Other Details
The latest Ducati motorcycle in the Indian market comes with three-spoke ‘Y' aluminium alloy wheels shod with Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3 tyres. The motorcycle comes with a 16-litre fuel tank. In terms of Warranty, the Ducati SuperSport 950 comes with 24 Month/Unlimited kilometres coverage. Maintenance intervals stand at 15,000km/2 years.
Thoughts On 2021 Ducati SuperSport 950
The Ducati SuperSport 950 is one of those motorcycles that can do everything at ease. It is a sport-tourer by nature and can munch miles, but if you take it to a track day, it can do that with ease as well. Now, with a more comprehensive set of electronics, it is more capable and might just be one of the best motorcycles in the segment.