- 19 hrs ago Tork Kratos & Kratos R Electric Motorcycles Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.07 Lakh
- 23 hrs ago Five Things To Know About The Kia Carens: Design, Powertrain & More
- 1 day ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 1 day ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- Sports AFCON 2021: Egypt shoots out Ivory Coast, Equatorial Guinea sends Mali packing
- News Delhi schools to reopen soon? DDMA decision today
- Technology Amazon Accessories Days Sale: Discount Offers On Headphones, Data Cards, Hard disk, Mouse, And More
- Movies Melody Song Of The Year From Mahesh Babu’s Sarkaru Vaari Paata Will Be Out On February 14
- Lifestyle Padma Awards 2022 Winners: Complete List Of Recipients Of The Prestigious Government Honour
- Finance Motilal Oswal Recommends To Buy This Technology Stock For 29% Return
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
The 2021 Ducati Panigale V4 BS6 has been launched in India. Ducati has launched the Ducati Panigale V4 BS6 in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs 23.50 lakh for the standard variant. The top-spec Panigale V4 S has been priced at Rs 28.40 lakh, ex-showroom. The motorcycle gets several updates but has the same power and torque output.
The Ducati Panigale V4 is quite simply one of the best supersport motorcycles in the world. It looks absolutely gorgeous and features the best in terms of technology and cycle parts. It is also one of the most powerful motorcycles in the world.
The Ducati Panigale V4 was first launched in the Indian market back in January 2018. Back then it had a starting price of Rs 20.53 lakh. The motorcycle sold in reasonable numbers over the next two years. In 2020 too, a few motorcycles were sold before the BS6 deadline.
On 01 April 2020, the more stringent BS6 emissions norms were implemented in India. The BS4 Ducati Panigale V4 therefore had to be pulled off the shelves. Now though, Ducati has come back with the 2021 Ducati Panigale V4 BS6. Along with adherence to the new emissions standards, the Ducati Panigale V4 models come with a few other changes too.
The motorcycle retains the design and style from the previous models, but with a few updates. Up front are the same LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs. on the side is the same fairing as the older model. However, the Panigale V4 and V4 S both get Ducati's famed winglet. The motorcycles also now get plexiglass headlamp and side fairings.
The winglet in question was earlier available only on the V4 R which was designed for track use. It increases the downforce up front and makes the Ducati more stable at high speeds. The rear-end is a minimalistic affair as it was before. The Ducati Panigale V4 rides on cast alloy wheels while the V4 S rides on forged alloy wheels.
The other differentiating factor between the Ducati Panigale V4 and V4 S is the suspension. The standard Ducati Panigale V4 rides on full adjustable suspension from Sachs while the more expensive Panigale V4 S rides on electronically-controlled Ohlins suspension.
The Standard Panigale V4 makes use of a standard lead-acid battery while the V4 S uses a lithium-ion battery. The lighter battery and lighter forged alloy wheels together make the V4 S weigh 3 kilograms lower than the standard model.
The Ducati Panigale V4 and V4 S are both powered by the same 1,103cc, V4 engine. The power output remains unchanged with the engine producing a maximum power of 211.17bhp at 13,000rpm and a peak torque of 124Nm at 10,000rpm. A 6-speed gearbox drives the rear wheel.
Other features include ABS Cornering Evo, Ducati Traction Control, Ducati Slide Control, Ducati Wheelie Control, Ducati Power Launch, Ducati Quick Shift, Engine brake control, etc.
The 2021 Panigale V4 and V4 S both feature self-bleeding brake and clutch master cylinders that were earlier available only on the Superleggera V4. The Panigale V4 in its BS6 avatar is now Rs 80,000 more expensive than the older BS4 model. The V4 S on the other hand is now more expensive by Rs 1.90 lakh.
Thoughts On 2021 Ducati Panigale V4 & V4 S Being Launched In India
The 2021 Ducati Panigale V4 and V4 S have been launched in a rather small segment. The number of BS6 compliant motorcycles on sale in the Indian market can be counted on our fingertips. The Ducati Panigale V4 and V4 S will compete against the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R, BMW S 1000 RR, and to an extent, even the Suzuki Hayabusa.
In certain areas, the Ducati Panigale V4 and V4 S trumps all of these motorcycles, while being more expensive to purchase.