- 47 min ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 2 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20I: Padikkal, Gaikwad, Rana, Sakariya debut as SL invite Dhawan to bat first
- News Govts of Assam, Mizoram agree on deployment of neutral central force along disturbed border
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
BMW Motorrad India launches the 2021 S 1000 R in India priced at Rs 17.90 lakh ex-showroom (starting price). Bookings have begun for the motorcycle across India.
Variants Available & Pricing
- Three variants: Standard, Pro & M Sport
- Standard: Rs 17.90 lakh
- Sport: Rs 19.75 lakh
- M Sport: Rs 22.50 lakh
All prices are ex-showroom (India).
- Racing Red
- Hockenheim Silver/Matt Copper
- Light Blue, Dark Blue and Red
The differences between variants of the S 1000 R are down to a couple of cosmetic and features added on the top-spec variant. This includes the improved headlamps with LED DRLs, bi-directional quickshifter, additional riding modes with Ride Mode Pro, keyless entry, heated grips and an engine cowl; among others.
The BMW S 1000 R is powered by an in-line four-cylinder 998cc engine paired to a six-speed gearbox with a slip-assist clutch as standard. The engine is now 5kg lighter as compared to its previous iteration because of the lighter internal components used.
- Max power: 162bhp @ 11,000rpm
- Peak torque: 114Nm @ 9,250rpm
- 0 to 100kmph in 3.2 seconds
- Top speed: 250kmph (electronically-limited)
BMW has reworked the 4th, 5th and 6th gear ratios on the motorcycle. This has resulted in enhanced power at lower engine RPMs with better acceleration.
The 2021 S 1000 R features an updated design, especially from the front. This includes the new headlamp with integrated LED DRL placed in the centre, horizontally. Changes to the fuel tank design, quarter fairing, exhaust and tail section have been made as well.
The 2021 S 1000 R has also undergone changes to its frame borrowed 'Flex Frame' from the RR variant. This has allowed the motorcycle to become lighter and have smaller proportions in the middle for better rider ergonomics aiding in enhanced handling characteristics.
- Front: 45mm USD forks
- Rear: Mono-shock setup mounted on the aluminium swingarm
- Both units are adjustable for preload, rebound and compression
- Front: dual 320mm disc brakes with radially mounted four-piston callipers
- Rear: single 220mm disc brake with a floating one-piston calliper
Wheels & Tyres:
- Front: 17-inch wheels shod with 120/70 section tyre
- Rear: 17-inch wheels shod with 190/55 section tyre
Speaking about the weight of the S 1000 R, the naked-sport motorcycle tips the scale at 199kg (kerb) - 6.5kg lighter as compared to the previous model of the motorcycle.
BMW also offers the S 1000 R with the 'MSport' package, which further lowers the weight of the motorcycle by 4.5 kilograms.
- M forged wheels or optional carbon wheels
- M lightweight battery
- M endurance chain
- M sports silencer
- M sport seat
The 2021 BMW S 1000 R features a 6.5-inch TFT display for the instrument cluster. Motorcycles feature BMW Motorrad Connectivity App for navigation with route import and multiple waypoint guidance on the display. User can control all the electronic rider aids on the motorcycle from the display using the switchgear present on the handlebar.
Standard Rider Aids:
- Four riding modes: Rain, Road, Dynamic & Dynamic Pro
- A six-axis IMU
- ABS Pro
- Dynamic Traction Control
Optional Rider Aids:
- Bi-directional quickshifter
- Riding Modes Pro with two additional riding modes
All BMW Motorrad bikes come with a standard 3-year/unlimited kilometres warranty. Customers can also extend the warranty to fourth and fifth year. Road-Side Assistance, a 24x7 365 days package, further ensures prompt services in case of breakdown and towing situations.
Thoughts About The BMW S 1000 R Launching In India
The BMW S 1000 R is the newest naked-supersport motorcycle launched in India. It is one of the lightest motorcycles in its class much like other models in the brand's line-up. The 2021 MY offers a plethora of standard and optional riding aids to choose from. The BMW S 1000 R rivals the Ducati Streetfighter V4 and the Triumph Speed Triple 1200 in India.