- 10 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 12 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 13 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- News Tripura Congress chief attacked by BJP workers
- Sports Making a successful comeback after '10-ball' debut is a dream come true moment: Shardul
- Movies Thalaivi: Kangana Ranaut & Team Pay Tribute To Legend MGR On His 104th Birth Anniversary
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Yulu electric bike service has been launched in the Mumbai and is currently available in Bandra-Kurla Complex area. Users can download the smartphone application to avail the service in the city.
(MMRDA) Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority had already signed an (MoU) Memorandum of Understanding with Yulu Bikes Pvt. Ltd. to facilitate e-bike services to the commuters/visitors to BKC on January 31, 2020.
Authorities at MMRDA were constantly working on ways to address problems arising out of vehicle traffic in Bandra-Kurla Complex. With the new service, the traffic problem is expected to reduce by a significant margin. As a bonus, the adoption of green mobility will also reduce pollution levels in the city.
The rental service will provide the last mile connectivity between Bandra and Kurla stations to BKC. The company has placed 18 bike stations in BKC as part of its pilot implementation of service. The number of bike stations will gradually increase as part of its demand-based phase-wise expansion across the city at a later date.
Users looking to avail the rental service will be paying Rs 5 towards unlocking the bike and then Rs 1.5 for every 1 minute of the ride. In addition to this, the company is also offering monthly recharge options and bonuses ranging between 20 and 100 per cent.
Amit Gupta, Co-Founder, Yulu & Green Entrepreneur, said, "As Unlock 4.0 unfolds itself, citizens would prefer safe and shareable services, easing parking woes in business hubs like BKC. We are delighted to collaborate with MMRDA and offer sanitized first and last-mile e-Mobility services to reduce traffic congestion. We also thank the honourable CM of Maharashtra Shri. Uddhav Thackeray Ji for providing us with an opportunity to serve his state and help ease traffic woes. Citizens of BKC will now get to embrace an all-new ‘blue electric service."
The company has stated that it will sanitize the e-bikes frequently and will take sufficient care of the allied facilities. This is will address the concerns regarding the safe use of these electric bikes during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. MMRDA appeals to the commuters to take advantage of this facility and make cycling within BKC a pleasant experience.
Thoughts About The Yulu Electric Bike Rental Service Launched In Mumbai
Electric bike rental service such as Yulu will help people in the area for last-mile connectivity and short trips for groceries; among others. This will also help in faster adoption of EVs in the country, which will help decrease the concerning pollution in the country. The service was said to being from February in Mumbai. Due to the ongoing pandemic, the launch of the service was delayed.